Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
CARA (Charity No. 1135610) is an independent international charity, which main activities include:
1. HIV/AIDS: prevention, care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS through:
Outreach: We distribute free condoms and sexual health information about HIV/AIDS and other STIs;
Drop-in service: Providing advice on sexual health issues and signposting to the relevant public services;
Campaigns: Working with the communities to reduce the incidence of HIV, STIs and teenage pregnancy;
Support Group/Discussion: Prevention, care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS and their family;
Workshop/Seminars to empower poor people, especially women, to be in control of their sexual health;
2. Health: striving to reduce childhood death and illness;
3. Education: providing quality basic education for all, especially girls;
4. Water and sanitation: provision of clean water and adequate sanitation;
5. Protection: protection for people affected by conflict, natural disaster and exploitation;
6. Translation & Interpretation Services in French, Portuguese, Somali, Kinyarwanda, Lingala & English;
7. Legal: helping the poor to know, understand and achieve their rights;
To continue the work that CARA provides in the UK and Africa, we rely on people like you. Please consider helping us with a monthly gift, or you can make a one-off donation, to our work.