Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: March 25, 2014, 6:15 PM
Working through a broad coalition, to advocate for sustainable commerce, industry, infrastructure, recreation and the natural environment connected to the San Francisco Bay and its watershed.
• BPC is the sole organization around the Bay that is focused specifically on its economic interests and vitality. For there to be quality of life for all, the economy must be thriving, offering employment opportunities to all members in the community.
• BPC views the maritime industry, its movement of goods and trade as central to business continuity and economic vitality of the Region.
Provide visionary leadership for San Francisco Bay stakeholders as an effective coalition that vigorously advances solutions for a thriving economy, environment and community.
• The San Francisco Bay and its watershed reach up to Sacramento, Stockton, into the Central Valley and to the South Bay.
• Stakeholders include businesses, regulatory agencies, local, state and federal government and non-profits.
• The Bay Planning Coalition demonstrates its resiliency by providing timely solutions through our advocacy, policy and education.