Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: June 27, 2014, 5:46 PM
We are CVTD (Center for International Cooperation and Vietnam Talent Development) - a non- profit volunteer organization based in Hanoi, Vietnam. We operate mainly in the fields of education, community eco-tourism and support of business startup.
We are a member of the Vietnam Scientific Association for Development of Talents – Human Resources, with the support of the Project STEPs4NGOs which was funded by Youth in Action Programme of the European Union (Action 3.2 – Youth in the World).
Our goal is to create short and long term International Voluntary Projects to assist in long lasting community development, education and community eco-tourism; to exchange and explore cultures; broaden experiences and improve skills between Vietnamese volunteers and international volunteers. And, our purpose is linking people all over the World and helping develop human resource for sustainable development of the society.
MISSION: Create innovative educational services and community eco-tours, mobilize resources of interational professionals and volunteers to implement effective educational models, study tours attract numerous participants to bring social benefits.
Voluntary and study tours for the development of community, education and environment are held in Vietnam with a mission to build global community events through community tourism and community education.
Promote investment and international cooperation for social development, the moutainous communities and rural areas, protect the environment, promote the images and Vietnam people.
By expanding collaboration with international volunteering, expert human resource, organizations both within and outside Vietnam in order to establish a greater network of organizations, we will provide greater assistance to those areas in which humanitarian aid is needed.
Support social enterprises in enhancing capacities of international cooperation, resource mobilization, and education framework to developing the youth.
AREA: Hanoi / DaNang, Thai Nguyen, Lang Son province (Vietnam)
TYPE OF WORK: Teaching Language practise Help with Computers / internet Helping with Tourists Help with Eco project Charity work
HELP: We are looking for volunteers who would like to share their time, English skills and expertise in other areas with the our staff and students in Hanoi and other provinces in Vietnam:
1. Teaching English at primary and secondary schools on the outskirts of Hanoi.
2. Training English and career skills to students and youth workers in the Industrial Zone.
3. Teaching English to rural and ethnic children in Soc Son district (Hanoi), Quynh Son Village and Mau Son mountain and tourist area (Lang Son province), Moc Chau district (Son La) and Sapa district (Lao Cai).
4. Volunteer in Hanoi helping disabled students in Binh Minh Special School and Phuc Tue Care Center, and during the weekend and off days travel to the mountain districts of Northern Vietnam.
5. Teach English and vocational skills in Lang Son province and assist in promoting development of eco-tourism in Quynh Son Village and Mau Son community. We are also looking for sponsors to invest in Lang Son province to develop trade such as export of Hoi flowers, Bac Son medicinal herbs, Mau Son vodka, etc to the EU and other parts of the world.
6. Community Innovation Summer Camp in Quynh Son Village in 2014, located in the northern province of Lang Son, Vietnam. Camp 1st: 17th – 28th June, 2014 / Camp 2nd: 15th – 26th July, 2014 / Camp 3rd: 12th – 23th August, 2014
We need English-speaking volunteers from all over the world to come and help us with our volunteer English teaching program to help students improve their English language skills and give them the opportunity to improve their lives. Volunteers will help students with English pronunciation, communication and listening skills. In addition to this, you will help us hold extra curricular activities for them, which will assist in developing their language usage skills.
Volunteer will work 5 days a week, 5 hours per day.
We have an ongoing need for volunteers from different culture backgrounds to reflect the rich diversity of the global community, who are united by their desire to help children and adults around the world.
Volunteers will be required to:
- Prepare the lesson plans including teaching aids, games, and activities… - Teach the lessons - Collaborate with teaching assistant to manage the class. - Give feedback and recommendation to CVTD management regarding students' performance - Give feedback and success stories on CVTD website about your experience volunteering with us.
You can apply or contact us using the Apply Online Box below.
ACCOMMODATION: Volunteers staying for four weeks and longer will be provided with food and accommodation free of charge in our volunteer house which is next to a supermarket. The house contains a large living room, three bedrooms with two bathrooms, a kitchen and two balconies. There is full internet connection in the accommodation.
Volunteer service includes pick up at Noi Bai airport, transport to and from CVTD office and your classroom, accommodation, food - two meals per day, breakfast not included, sightseeing with students, 24/7 support by CVTD staff and participant certificate upon successful completion of the volunteer placement. Not included - air ticket and travel or medical insurance.
Shorter term volunteers - less than four weeks - will be charged a fee of $50 per week for accommodation and food and other volunteer services.
We also have many cultural exchange programmes during the weekends and we assist volunteers who have free time with any other activities they would like to partake in - visits to the city of Hanoi and outlying provinces. We are on the bus route to many areas in and around Hanoi. Volunteers will have time to experience local food, cultural exchange and travel around through interaction with the host family and local people.
REQUIREMENTS - Native English speakers especially from countries such as the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. - Volunteers who are fluent in English and have excellent pronunciation and communication skills with English as a second language - Have teaching experience or have vast experience in volunteering in the field of education in different countries. - Strong inter-personal skills and experience in working with people, especially children and young adults.
Youth , Social enterprise , International relations , Volunteering , community development , International cooperation , volunteer , Economic development , Environment , Community development , Travel and transportation , Vietnam , Community Development Volunteering , education , eco-tourism , Education , Network of nonprofits , teaching english , Women