Posted on September 5, 2016
Bafoussam, West, Cameroon
Posted on September 5, 2016
Bafoussam, West, Cameroon
Volunteer with us
WEBDEV FOUNDATION is a humanitarian, apolitical, non-governmental and non-profit association whose main activities are based on the social education in ICT (Information Technology and Communication), cooperation andreciprocalsolidarity. WEBDEV FOUNDATION is composed by young people who share the passion to build an efficient society andd sustainable environment.
WEBDEV FOUNDATION undertakes alongside the Cameroonian government and other national and international organizations to contribute in the areas of education, health, environment and culture to fight against underdevelopment. We are also interest aboutchild care, human rights, women's empowerment as well as providing assistance to discriminated and disadvantaged community groups such as people with disabilities, street children and orphans.
We provide volunteers to work with various NGO with the aim to achieve millenium developpment goals. We are grateful for all those are interested in our actions(shares) and give their contribution of whatever nature to allow us to realize our objectives.
- Explore: We often look for opportunities to be apply for the growth of communities and peoples living there.
- Engage: We engage everybody in the society by providing necessary opportunities to empower them.
- Develop: Trough our project, activities we are impacting people life day by day.
- Enjoy life experience:We enjoy what we are doing and take the opportunity to make others feel better while following us or our activities
WEBDEV FOUNDATION aims is the development of humankind potential in urban and rural areas.
- Working for basic education in rural areas.
- Improving health conditions in rural and urban areas.
- Educating young people on ICT.
- Fighting on protection of environment by promoting sustainable actions within communities.
- Fighting against the rural exodus by promoting rural entrepreneurship.
- Organizing volunteer work camps and internships where local and international recruits engage in community projects.
- Promoting intercultural understanding and civic initiatives trough Global villages during our projects and various events in Europe to raise awareness of people on the living conditions in Africa.
The beneficiaries of our actions include:
- Rurals and urbans
- Disadvantaged groups (youth and women),
- The marginalized (the disabled, visually impaired, orphans, HIV / AIDS ...)
- Organizations of producers,
- Rural communities,
- Development Committees and other associations,
- people and economic operators.
The ICT in the Third Millennium is still a myth in some localities of the country. This project objective is to provide computer training to general populations in rural areas during holiday period, but essentially to students. These courses will be deliver on: · introduction to computer, usage of Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista · Basic office automation techniques. · Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Adobe Page Maker, Photoshop. · Basic techniques of hard and software maintenance.
REHABILITATION OF WATER POINTS
The water is life. But in Africa, many peoples still consume contaminated water. In rural areas of Cameroon, it is increasingly difficult to find drinking water, although clean and colorless, quality of water we have is still bad and causing damage in those who consume it.
"water for all" is the goal that the organization has given WEBDEV FOUNDATION for the purpose to bring the rural clean water. These objectives are in effect by the various rearrangements of water points. Thus we have already rehabilitate a water point in Kamna last summer, but couldn't achieve what we really wanted for the community there, because of a lack of finance, we just help the population there to have access to a clean but not potable water for domestic usage. Next year, we will be working to install a real potable water point on the same area.
The main objective of our community sport program is the promotion of youths in the involvement of community development and leadership. In a society like Cameroon mired in poverty, young people could be faced with a range of problems which could lead to distress and even mental illnesses. Sports play a vital role in the economic and social well being of our communities, state and nation. Those who excel in sports could become bread winners for their families and change their fortunes dramatically. World famous players like Leonel Messi are from poor desolate families.
ON-GOING ACTIONS :
WEBDEV FOUNDATION educates and sensitizes youths on sports for development. WEBDEV does this by organizing a holiday football tournament in Bangoua. WEBDEV FOUNDATION carries out capacity building for youths through seminars and workshops on sports, HIV/Aids and community development, leadership and mentoring, training and community cleaning.
HEALTH HOPE Project:
To educate rural populations on the risks of contracting HIV and AIDS, malaria, Cholera… each summer, the project is focusing on the peer education training and the community sensitization on safe sexuality and responsible behaviors regarding malaria.
Y4B (Young For Business)
This project aims to show the young residents of rural regions the opportunities surrounding them in the business area. They will be given arround 10 workshops on designing a business plan, project management and leadership. All this is delivering for 4 weeks.
Date Founded: October 8th 2008
Government ID number: 01055/RDA/JO6/BAPP
PO BOX 359, Bafoussam, West, 237, Cameroon