Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: August 29, 2012, 8:18 PM
The Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association (NEMAA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization that works to build a more vibrant, diverse and economically healthy community through the arts.
Our vision is to support a community where artists can live, work, and showcase their art. And our mission is to promote connections between individuals, businesses and artists for the collective benefit of our community.
Founded by a small collective of artists in 1995, today NEMAA has more than 700 members, and is proud to sponsor Art-A-Whirl - the largest annual open artist studio tour in the U.S.
What does NEMAA do?
NEMAA is perhaps best known for its Art-A-Whirl® open gallery and artist-studio tour, which attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year. NEMAA also:
• sponsors the annual Fall Fine Arts Show ,
• promotes monthly "open studios" throughout the NE Arts District,
• publishes the annual Artist Directory and Guide, and
• publishes a monthly member newsletter about upcoming exhibits, artist opportunities, studio opportunities, and community news.
Who is NEMAA?
NEMAA has more than 700 members, including artists, businesses, donors, art patrons, neighborhood groups, non-profits and individuals. NEMAA is run largely by artists, is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, and led by our Executive Director.
What makes NEMAA unique?
• NEMAA has helped turn art into an economic engine by creating partnerships between artists, businesses and the community at large.
• NEMAA offers artists a way to create a community among other artists.
• NEMAA provides a rare opportunity to meet artists, observe their creative process, follow their careers, and collect their work over many years.
• NEMAA connects artists and businesses with mutually beneficial opportunities
• NEMAA offers the public a great way to engage with Minneapolis' vibrant arts community.