Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
New Women New Yorkers (NWNY) is a cross-community non-profit organization empowering young women immigrants in New York City, particularly low-income women and single mothers.
▪ NWNY is a cross-community organization
▪ NWNY is dedicated to serving young women immigrants in the 16-35 age range
▪ NWNY's current and upcoming programs are guided by the concept of transformative leadership: key goals are to help young women immigrants develop their potential, and become mentors and role-models for other young women immigrants.
NWNY's current and upcoming programs are organized around three pillars:
▪ Self-Expression –Empower young women immigrants by providing a safe, nurturing space for their voices, creativity, and healing process
▪ Education & Leadership Development -Empower young women immigrants by improving their access to information, public services, and decision makers in New York City, developing their social skills, and increasing their leadership roles and participation in civic and community development
▪ Entrepreneurship -Empower young women immigrants by providing them with economic education as well as business skills training, and by supporting successful development of women-led business and non-profit projects
NWNY is led by its founder and Board of Directors, and is staffed a team of dedicated volunteers whose diversity of personal backgrounds and skills is being leveraged upon to reach out to young women immigrants from various communities and neighborhoods in New York City, and to forge strong relationships with existing social service organizations.