Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: October 22, 2012, 2:28 PM
Groundswell International contributes to the global movement to overcome poverty, inequality and ecological destruction by supporting community-based organizations to work together to improve wellbeing, spread lasting solutions and engage in wider coalitions for change.
Since 2009, Groundswell has established program partnerships in Burkina Faso, Ecuador, Haiti, Honduras, Ghana, Guatemala and Mali that are improving the lives of over 300,000 rural people. Additionally, we were recently invited to support a national program in El Salvador.
Our programs work to:
• Strengthen the capacity of rural communities, organizations and movements to solve problems and build better futures. We help people help themselves. They become the leaders of their own development process;
• Spread agroecological farming solutions to improve food production, the environment and people's lives;
• Promote farmer-led innovation and farmer-to- farmer learning and teaching;
• Rebuild local food systems by strengthening mutually beneficial relationships between urban and rural communities; and
• Link local organizations to wider movements working for people-centered policies.