Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
Founded by returned Peace Corps Volunteers, Education Fights AIDS (EFA) International is a community grassroots organization that works to give African youth the skills they need to live positively with HIV/AIDS. The mission of EFA International is to promote the successful future of African children and youth infected and/or affected by HIV/AIDS through education and empowerment.
In order to fulfill this mission, EFA International strives to achieve the following goals:
• To improve the psychosocial development, health literacy, professional capacity, and financial autonomy of African children and youth who are infected and/or affected by HIV/AIDS by:
- Providing educational and employment opportunities;
- Building core leadership values and community through a network;
- Promoting the value of "living positively" with HIV/AIDS while reducing stigma; and
• To inform and engage communities around the world about HIV/AIDS in Africa.
EFA International implements activities in three programmatic domains: (1) the HIV+ Youth Empowerment Network in Northern Cameroon; (2) the Volunteer Service Learning Project in Cameroon; and (3) the Rebero Orphan Center Empowerment program in Rwanda.