We are hiring!
Change.org is seeking an Operations Coordinator in NYC to manage our Manhattan office and support our global Operations team, which is responsible for 175 employees in 18 countries. In addition to traditional office management, the Operations Coordinator will partner with Finance to help manage vendor relationships and outsourcing research across the company.
Change.org is the world's largest petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see. A certified B corporation, Change.org is the world's fastest growing online platform for social change, with more than 30 million Change.org users in 196 countries.
Every day people use our tools to transform their communities – locally, nationally and globally. Whether it's a mother fighting bullying in her daughter's school, customers pressing banks to drop unfair fees, or citizens holding corrupt officials to account, thousands of campaigns have won on Change.org – and more are winning every day.
- Prepare for a move to a new NYC office in late 2013. This includes partnering with our broker to research new locations, collect feedback from NYC staff, manage any necessary construction and IT upgrades, and oversee the logistics of the final move.
- Manage day-to-day office operations for our current and future NYC location, where we currently have 20 employees and frequent visitors from our other offices.
- Procure and inventory all new equipment, furniture, and supplies. Be the primary liaison with building management and other service providers (telecom, IT, maintenance, supplies, groceries, etc.).
- Coordinate office meetings and use of shared space. Ensure organization and cleanliness of common areas. Provide periodic administrative support for HR as well as members of our executive team.
- Design and implement projects and policies that build on our collaborative and fun work environment. Organize community events, after-work gatherings, and other morale initiatives.
- Help with planning and logistics for off-site NYC meetings and events.
- Help manage existing vendor relationships across the company in close collaboration with Finance and Legal. Coordinate contract approvals, record-keeping, and points of contact.
- Research new vendor options and outsourcing solutions. Conduct reference checks, negotiate pricing, and prepare budget scenarios for review and approval.
- Help implement new IT solutions, HR policies, or other procedures. This often includes writing training material, documenting FAQ's, and directly training staff.
- Provide general support to the Operations team on strategic projects. Current efforts focus on global IT and risk management (health, safety, and security).
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Experience in office management or comparable roles with administrative and logistical responsibilities is preferred.
- Solid Excel skills (think Pivot Tables) and familiarity with budget preparation.
- Interest in new enterprise technology and at ease with basic IT troubleshooting.
- Proactive style with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Reliability with a strong sense of accountability.
- Willingness to maintain flexibility in job function.
Regardless of experience, we are looking for a high-energy, hard-working, detail-oriented, always-dependable generalist who loves operations and problem-solving. The ideal candidate tackles day-to-day obstacles with efficiency and grace while supporting major projects with thorough and methodical research. You anticipate the needs of the organization, use strong judgement, demonstrate professionalism, and have a high commitment to being awesome.
Change.org is an exceptionally fast-paced, agile, and collaborative work environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our members. We expect you to be the same.
The position is based in NYC. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.