Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1986 to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants and refugees in Los Angeles. As a multiethnic coalition of community organizations and individuals, CHIRLA aims to foster greater understanding of the issues that affect immigrant communities, provide a neutral forum for discussion, and unite immigrant groups to more effectively advocate for positive change.To further increase these goals, CHIRLA:
- Educates community members about issues that affect immigrants and refugees.
- Organizes immigrants around important social issues.
- Provides support network for immigrants and refugees.
- Participates in national, state, and local advocacy to inform public policy on topics that impact immigrant welfare.
- Works to improve race and ethnic human relations in Los Angeles and other areas throughout Southern California.
- Provides extensive referral services via its bilingual hotline to the immigrant community, service providers and community leaders.