Suits for Success, Inc. (SFS) is a non-profit organization registered as a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to empower individuals on their journey toward self-sufficiency through professional development services.
Our comprehensive programming reaches men and women in Hudson, Essex, and Bergen Counties.
Suits for Success operates the following programs through Dress for Success Hudson County:
- The Agency Referral Program is a program where Partner Agencies refer women who are seeking employment, whether unemployed or underemployed, to be suited with interview appropriate attire as they transition into the workforce.
- The Going Places Network sponsored by The Walmart Foundation is a group for female clients who are actively seeking employment. We offer them interview coaching, job fairs and job shadowing opportunities to assist them in achieving their desired goals of employment.
- The Professional Women's Group (PWG) is a post-employment, invitation-only networking association for female clients who have recently entered the workforce. This group, which meets monthly, aims to offer wrap-around services to recently-employed women to assist them in retaining their work and securing job upgrades. In order to accomplish this we offer a Financial Literacy Series consisting of eight (8) evening workshops that discuss financial management, credit & debt, retirement, financial aid, and more. The PWG also hosts a Health & Wellness Series, although on a smaller scale, that includes a yearly yoga class and our Annual PowerWalk.
- The Career Center provides clients with beginner resources to conduct a self-directed job search in a dedicated physical space; access to staff for writing and editing help with resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, interview instruction and feedback, and job search direction and support; and 15 open lab hours per week. There are 14 individual morning, afternoon, and evening Computer Literacy Classes scheduled during the Fall 2013 program year. An instructor is on hand to teach individuals who have had limited or no exposure to computers how to navigate a computer, followed by instructions on basic Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Suits for Success Programming
- The Image Enhancement Program provide women and men with suits and professional attire for interviews and employment as they transition into the workforce.
- The Equipped for the Future Work Readiness Program is a pre-occupational training program for both men and women that lasts four weeks, and focuses on core interpersonal, communication, math, and many more skills essential for any job.
- Sanction Outreach Program assists male and female clients to retain their benefits through personalized outreach and move them toward self-sufficiency.
Suits for Success operates the following programs through Career Gear NJ:
- The Agency Referral Program is a program where Partner Agencies refer men who are seeking employment, whether unemployed or underemployed, to be suited with interview appropriate attire as they transition into the workforce.
- The Professional Development Series (PDS) provides skills that focus on the professional and emotional state of the participants who are engaging in life-changing experiences. The curriculum of the program is divided into four main developmental categories: employment, finances, parenting and life balance. As a group program, the Professional Development Series provides an environment that promotes participation, discussion, accountability, networking and support.