THE PRUDENTS is a registered , not for profit , non - religious NGO working for the community development since April 1990 .
Registration N: DDSW /RWP/ 92-0355
1. Health Services Zubaida Jalal Memorial Medical center is running in Rawalpindi Cantonment area since 1990. The Medical center is fully equipped with basic health facilities, which are: a. Male & Female doctors are available for patients. b. Ten beds with necessary equipment. c. Specialized Doctors are on the panel of Medical Center. d. Basic Laboratory Test. e. Facility of Vaccination / Immunization. f. Nutrition Counseling, family planning, gynecological treatment, mother and child health care. g. Awareness center for diabetes & heart diseases. h. Awareness of sexual transmitted infections including HIV AIDS through doctors.
Zubaida Jalal Memorial Medical Center (A Awareness center for diabetes & heart diseases) is working for poor patients since August 1992.
The Prudents organized Medical & Eye camps, on quarterly basis, in different urban & rural areas of Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
2. Educational Program The Prudents look after poor school and college students, who are on its panel, they are getting monthly educational scholarships, in addition to school uniforms & books. The continuation of scholarships is on basis of annual results and attendance, which is monitored by research field force of the organization.
We are also concentrating on adoption of rural primary schools for short period of time, for the improvement of infrastructure and foundation of educational system. We emphasis on counseling for career planning from the early age, to avoid unemployment and wastage of talent.
3. Nutrition Program This program was started in 1992. To make a healthy nation, we must have healthy minds. The Prudents worked hard to impart awareness program and to improve the nutrition level of general poor community especially women. Poor families including widows are getting free food items on monthly basis, to improve there nutrition level. The volunteers and doctors arrange awareness sessions for the general public, regarding nutrition of pregnant women and children under 5.
4. Youth Awareness Program Today's youth is future of tomorrow. Concentration on youth is our priority. We offer following opportunities to youth for their development: Prudents Youth Clubs are working efficiently in different colleges & universities. The Prudents Internship Program plays dynamic role in providing working opportunities to students of Universities. Organize youth recreational activities for awareness, on different issues. Motivate young members to attend different seminars, workshops & community discussion sessions. Arrange different healthy activities like musical competitions, debate competitions and other events, to promote youth talent. National & International days celebrations, by organizing small events, to highlight its importance. Arrange youth awareness discussion sessions.
The Prudents has complete Program for awareness and utilize talent of youth.
5. Women Empowerment through Skills Development The Prudents is running two Vocational training Center in Rawalpindi since 1993. These centers are offering short & regular courses to poor and deserving girls from the community. In addition to vocational training these centers offer basic education, advance training, technical skills development courses to all students.
Since 2005, the computer literacy program is also in progress, which provide basic and advance computer training to poor & deserving girls. This center also offers Secretarial, designing, beautician and language courses.
6. Social Mobilization We provide opportunities to youth and women to resolve general problems by arranging lectures and community discussion workshops. This activity helps community in identifying and resolving the problems.
7. Research All projects of The Prudents are running on the basis of community research. All research efforts improve the working capability of management. Our research efforts are: Role of women in Economic & Social Development. Micro – Financing for women empowerment. Child labor & its effect on community. High Risk Areas for HIV AIDS.
Future Plans a. Health i. Community health problems should be reduced. ii. Upgrade Zubaida Jalal Medical Center into 24 hrs. Nursing home. iii. Free Diagnosis services for poor patients. iv. Ambulance Service for emergencies. v. Network of Basic Health Units in rural areas. vi. Mobile Health Unit for patients in rural areas. vii. Provision of free medical & eye camps in different rural areas. viii. Improvement in Mother & Child Health Services. ix. Awareness of Sickle Cell Disease ( for more details please visit www.sicklecell.prudents.org )
b. Education i. Improvement in Literacy rate. ii. Network of primary schools in rural areas, to provide quality education to both male & female students. iii. Adoption of Government & semi government primary schools for improvement of infrastructure and foundation of educational system. iv. Emphasis on Adult literacy especially women. v. Motivate Government and private institutions to introduce subjects related to career planning.
c. Women Empowerment i. Chain of Women Vocational Centers in urban & rural areas. ii. Computer Literacy Program for women. iii. Micro financing for women, to start small businesses. iv. Provision of legal aid to all women of rural and urban areas. v. Arrange different events like seminars & group discussions to highlight women issues.
d. Youth Development i. To provide opportunities to youth for carrier development. ii. To organize seminars and group discussions sessions for brain storming. iii. Motivate youth for social services.
Emergency Relief The young and energetic volunteers of The Prudents are able to help community, in the emergency phase. After the establishment of The Prudents, The Pakistani Nation faced two emergencies, which suffers Humanity. e. Flood in Punjab in 1994, and. f. Earthquake in Frontier Province and Kashmir in 2005.
The Prudents volunteers plays dynamic role in the relief operation of both disasters. The following services were offered by the organization:
1. Supply of Tentage and administration of Tent cities. 2. Supply of food and clothes, in effected areas, tent cities and hospitals. 3. Arranged medicines and gathered volunteer doctors for treatment of victims. 4. Gathered National & International Volunteers for relief and rehabilitation of victims. 5. Operate Vocational centers in Tent cities for rehabilitation of poor effected women.
After earthquake, in 2005, The Prudents collaborated with Tent Cities Abbotabad, Manshera and Balakot. The Prudents also organized Post Operative Earthquake Relief Center in Rawalpindi.
The Prudents is also willing to train large number of volunteers for the Crises Management, which will definitely help community in the time of crises. Legal Aid Situation of human rights is very miserable and rosy in Pakistan. It has been observed and found that there are several factors like feudal lords, bureaucratic dispensation of justice, political interference, long term and complicated judicial system, immense powers given to police, bureaucracy and above all, low rate of literacy are the main causes that leads to the violation or infringement of even the fundamental rights of the human being in the country. These situations are no doubt making the prisons overcrowded day by day.
Prudent in the past was mainly providing free medical services to the needy and poor people of the society but after the deep observation has now decided to take up and proceed in many challenging cases of illegal confinement of minors, women in severe family and domestic problems and the needy and poor persons detained in the jail in the minor offence just because of the reason that no body is in their family to help them out to get rid of the cases as well as others. Prudent tries to trace and identify such cases with the support of lawyers and other sources and the concerned authorities and get them released by providing free legal assistance to them whenever required. Prudents has also established a free legal aid center with the collaboration of AMANAT Law Associates where the team of volunteer lawyers is providing free legal aid and advice to the victims of Human Rights violations.
(One of the basic motto of the Prudent) or Prudent believes that every individual of the society should feel secure and must enjoy the equal rights and duties living in the civil society. This is only possible when every individual in the society enjoys the fundamental rights and the protection is provided against the human rights abuses.
Contact:- Lala Rukh Ashraf Advocate High court +923215008981 Malik Mubashir Nazar Advocate High court +92300 9560940 Mrs. Memoona Mubashir Advocate High court +92300 5172330
All projects of the organization are running on Donations. Your contributions will be utilized for the development of community. Your valuable support will help many families. HELP US TO HELP
You can contribute for other running and future projects of the organization, by sponsoring: TREATMENT & DIAGNOSIS OF POOR PATIENTS. ESTABLISHMENT OF DIAGNOSTIC CENTER. BASIC HEALTH UNIT IN RURAL AREA. VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTER IN RURAL AREA. ESTABLISHMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL IN RURAL AREA. AWARENESS & DIAGNOSTIC CAMPAIGN OF SICKLE CELL DISEASE.
The financial feasibilities will be provided, if required by the donors.
" HAVE REGARD FOR YOUR NAME, SINCE IT WILL REMAIN FOR YOU LONGER THAN A GREAT STORE OF GOLD". For Donations our Bankers Details are:
Banker: Allied Bank of Pakistan Branch: Tulsa Road, Lalazar, Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Branch code: 0871 Swift Code: ABPAPKKA Title of Account: The Prudents PLS Account Nº: 0110001207
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT THROUGH COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT