Juvenile is an NGO officially registered in the concerned government body. The organization was inaugurated and functioned on 31st October 2000.
Juvenile will be an organization with an effective modern management system, comprising enthusiastic members that work hard for the development of the organization, island and the atoll, earn good reputation for the island and atoll, have ways and means to earn a substantial income, conduct programs to prevent youth getting involved in antisocial activities in the community, offer opportunities in sports and entertainment to its members and be recognized by community and the government.
Juvenile was formed as a humble effort to serve and help the island community in the development activities thereby concentrating in the following fields.
1. Promote communal harmony and awareness in the community thereby encouraging common people to engage community activities.
2. To facilitate and search for employment opportunities to the youth.
3. Help the educational institutions of the island voluntarily in matters dealing with financial and development activities.
4. To promote and develop sports and recreational activities within the community specifically among the youth.
5. To educate youth in the field of sports and create awareness among the community about the importance of sports in our daily life.
6. Help in eradication of anti-social activities and poverty.