Solutions-driven executive with expertise in strategic alignments, target prioritization, task fulfillment, benchmarking, and developing best practices & guidelines. Executive director and founding president creating new grassroots organization. Board officer implementing volunteer programs, fundraising, and outreach efforts with small-sized organizations. 20 years' experience team building creating cooperation across limited resources.
• Conceptualizing grassroots organization from concept to self-sustaining facility within 2nd year; doubling size within 3rd year and location expansion; double-digit growth in membership and revenue annually. • Recruiting board of directors, training 25+ volunteer staff and generating community interest for new grassroots. Guiding steering committees in community-needs and developing long-term goals and objectives. • Originating volunteer-led programs, support groups, and workshops. Facility currently maintaining 22 weekly peer group meetings and over a dozen skill-building events and activities within 1st year of operation. • Piloting content design on full life-cycle launch of data product for $5/10MM joint venture initiative. Scoping metrics and design; creating training presentations and customer support models. • Writing best practices and quality assurances, new technology integrations, customer service level agreements and documenting reports to senior management.
Women's Health Foundation, Chicago, IL 2013-2014 Chief of Staff Chief of Staff of Non-Profit Foundation dedicated to women's pelvic health and fitness issues. Overseeing staff including Publications Editor, Social Media, Development, Finance, and Educational and Fitness Programs.
• Providing leadership in staff and volunteer development and education, assisting program staff relating to specialized work to all programs of organization. • Ensuring job descriptions developed, and performance evaluations held to sound practices and guidelines. Evaluated current and future position responsibilities properly diversified to ensure best use of talents. • Responsibility maintaining sound financial practices of organization. Ensuring adequate funds and goals reached to permit organization to fulfill mission. Development of 2014 budget. • Encouraging staff and volunteer education and development relating to their specialized work in foundation. Directing staff to build on accomplishments and exceed personal goals and expectations.
Rec Room Chicago, Chicago, IL 2007-2012 Former Executive Director, Founding President Emeritus Founding president of a community substance-abuse support services facility. Developing healthy lifestyle alternatives through creative and personal development using extra-curricular educational workshops, artist exhibits, sports teams, recreational and performance events, and peer-led support programs.
• Established working relationships with outside organizations and institutions to promote brand awareness and joint partnerships. Launched core programs, peer groups, and workshops to support reciprocal programs. • Initiated tiered membership; 100 dues paying members and in excess of 500 participants attending programs; delivering annual double digit growth in revenue and membership during an economic recession. • Developed primary fundraisers generating +$10,000 per event; sponsorship and development of donors' campaigns achieving $45,000 in second year. • Acquired facility location, building contracts and capital assets. Managed daily administration, volunteer supervision and facility operations. • Established organization's operational and financial sustainability. Standardized procedures for all government documentation and financial reporting tools within required timelines.
American Medical Association (AMA), Chicago, IL 1998-2007 Project Operations Manager, Database Licensing (2000-2007) Managing technology and non-technology projects, coordinating resources with key directors, clients and vendors. Benchmarking deliverables. Customer service accountability on $37.2MM Data Licensing business.
• Piloted content design on life-cycle launch of new product for $5/10MM joint venture initiative. Scoping data frequencies and file design; created training presentations and customer support models. • Initiated data integrity taskforce implementing new technologies, quality assurances, service level agreements, and improving legacy data issues by 45%; documenting priority updates to senior management. • Developed content and facilitated presentations on educational conferences for medical marketing, publishers' roundtables and continuing medical education programs. • Supervised teams in technology and non-technology projects with outside vendors and clients. Trained shared reports on project initiative procedures and problem resolutions, directly supervising priority escalations.
Client Services Manager, Licensing & Credentialing, American Medical Association (1998-2000) Customer liaison trouble-shooting B2B client issues. Developed new customer support methods for client's sales force training models. Developed content for marketing literature, website, product manuals, and presentations.
• Conceptualized and implemented a 3 tier approach (rebuild of website, product manuals, and seminars) on client communications; creating a more informed sales force which solved client's turnover issues. • Composed educational materials and power-point presentations. Authored weekly website FAQ's, data scheduling calendar, important updates and industry news. • Composed Standard Operating Procedures for data technologies and deliverables across multiple platforms, streamlining delivery efficiency and improving data reliability by 65%.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
Women's Health Foundation, Advisory Council, Chicago, IL 2014 Board member serving as general advisor on development, fiscal sustainability and education on health programs. Chicago Roundup Convention, Executive President, Chicago, IL 2014 President and former Presentations chair on annual conference in GLBT recovery community. Responsible for direction, sustainability and growth of convention. Test Positive Aware Network, Committee member, Chicago, IL 2011 Committee member working on annual fundraiser, Chicago Takes Off. Served on general planning committee, communications, and décor committee. 2011 event raised $50,000+ for HIV/AIDS programs and services. PAWS Chicago, Professional Board, Chicago, IL 2009-2011 Pets Are Worth Saving; Chicago's largest No-kill humane animal center. Serving on development advisory board for fundraising programs and events. Speaker on humane spay/neuter program outreach presentations. New Town Club, Vice President, Chicago, IL 2004-2006 Served as board member on volunteer development implementing change in brand identity and developing public relations strategy to encourage declining membership base. Equality Illinois, Night Ministry, TPAN, Names Project, Chicago, IL 1990-2010 Serving for various volunteer planning and chairing responsibilities as a committee member and/or captain for fundraising and strategy planning. EDUCATION
M.B.A. Marketing, Roosevelt University Chicago, IL 2003 B.A. Theatre, Franklin and Marshall College Lancaster, PA 1989 School of Irish Studies, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland 1987