Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water™ (STW™) is the one looking for answers.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org.
Are you someone who is expert in building and maintaining media relationships and lead a team?
Who has knowledge of a comprehensive media engagement strategy, written media communications procedures or wish to learn them ? If yes we will advise you to continue reading !
Save the Water™ is seeking a Marketing Project Leader: Media Relations who supports the Marketing Group by managing a team of volunteers in the area of media relations by building and maintaining media relationships that can further the water cause brand efforts.
Project Leaders are expected to put in a minimum of 8 hours per week and be responsive to emails within three (3) calendar days.
- Manage on average 2-3 volunteers within the media relations team, holding them accountable for their work.
- Plan and conduct monthly team meeting, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up
- Responsible for development of a comprehensive media engagement strategy, written media communications procedures, conducting outreach efforts to promote STW's content and volunteer scientist and engineers with mass media outlets, and support overall brand positioning and messaging.
- Plan and implement external communications initiatives that support Save The Water.
- Provide monthly report of your team's progress to the Director of Marketing.
- Attend monthly Marketing group meeting.
- Keep PWR minimum on a weekly basis
- Complete the PWR audit for the Associate Level each month
- Report to Associate Director for the given project team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Requires self-direction and must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
P.O. Box 545934
Surfside, FL, US 33154
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings Late nights
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends