Hours/Week: Min of 10 hours/mo
We are looking for volunteers to assist in developing, troubleshooting and testing our small to medium web software development projects. This position is a terrific opportunity not only to practice and enhance your Joomla skills but also to work on a good cause that brings about a real difference in the community.
We are currently focused on developing the following two initiatives:
● Building a web-based volunteer management portal hosted on Joomla content management system;
● Minor web development efforts on the website http://endruralpoverty.org, which is also managed by Joomla.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Troubleshoot problems we might be experiencing, recommend and implement fixes; and
● Research and Implement Joomla plug-ins,
KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Needed:
● Strong experience with Joomla CMS (we use v 2.5);
● Familiarity with mySQL ;
● Self-directed and enjoy (and excel at) troubleshooting.
● Experience with Joomla Admin Tools and Security configuration would be a plus.
You must be able to commit to a minimum average of 10 hours a month. This is a "virtual" team opportunity which may be performed from home or another location.
Community Empowerment Network's (CEN's) operations are nearly entirely driven by the efforts of volunteers (the only exception is our Field Manager in Santarém, Brazil, who is paid under contract). We are a small organization and so lines of responsibility sometimes overlap, but this provides a terrific opportunity for volunteers to take on a variety of responsibilities and to expand their skills. See How Our Teams Work for more information.
Check our website at www.endruralpoverty.org to learn more about us!
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover note to our volunteer coordinator.