YWCA Family Village Issaquah is directly meeting the needs of the community members and FVI housing residents through providing parenting classes, computer education, financial planning classes, counseling services, child care, community space, and housing.
FVI Summer Camp is in session from June 20 - August 26. Summer Camp Assistants are needed to help provide a positive experience for school-aged children residing at FVI. The camp provides a safe and positive environment for school-aged kids during their summer off of school. Volunteers will contribute by working with FVI staff to ensure all kids enrolled in summer camp are provided this environment.
Summer camp is scheduled Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm. Volunteers are asked to commit to a shift within those hours. Schedules are flexible and will be set with program supervisors.
- Work with program staff as a collaborative team in planning and implementing youth activities.
- Interact with school-aged youth and promote positive interaction between the children.
- Assist staff with food preparation, as well as serve the campers.
- Help develop and lead enriching, camp activities for youth.
- Assist in marketing youth activities to the FVI community.
- Must be able to work with youth from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must possess patience and flexibility.
- Be open to helping advance the mission and goals of the YWCA.
- Committed and reliable, with the ability to work independently.
- Enthusiastic and possess the willingness to adapt to the needs of the program and the youth.
- Minimum age: 16 years old.
- Available between the hours of 11am-3pm, Mon-Fri, within June 20 - August 26, willing to volunteer between 7-10 hours a week
- Join the YWCA community in eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Gain experience working with youth.
- Service-learning hours or internship credit available.
- Orientation and training, plus ongoing supervision from experienced staff.
All volunteers must undergo an interview, submit 2 character references, complete a background check, and attend a YWCA Volunteer Orientation (see website for dates and locations).
Areas of focus:
930 NE High St.
Issaquah, WA, US 98029
Start and end dates:Program ends August 26th
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Training provided
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome