Volunteer opportunity posted by: Sustainable Silicon Valley
Posted on: February 23, 2013
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) is a dynamic collaboration of 120+ businesses, governments, academic
and non-governmental organizations (Partners), and scores of volunteers addressing environmental
sustainability in Silicon Valley. We envision a healthy environment, a vibrant economy, and a socially
equitable community. SSV was designed to move beyond the traditional command-and-control model
of environmental regulation to one of collaboration and partnership. By focusing on the desired
outcome, rather than compliance-driven standards, participants can choose the methods to reach that
outcome that make the most sense financially and technologically for each of them. We operate at the
intersection of policy and action.
Position: Public Speaking / Accent Training Instructor
Type: Unpaid Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 2-3 hrs/bi-weekly or monthly / negotiable
Reports to: HR Director
● Conduct workshop in either Public Speaking, Interpersonal, or Persuasive Communication.
● Organize and provide training to SSV members to improve speaking and vocabulary skills for better professional and social communication.
● Provide effective methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
● Involve SSV members in Theatre play, lively discussions and other fun activities in an engaging atmosphere on a variety of topics.
● Provide instruction to a diverse group of linguistic, cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
●Superb native-speaker fluency in spoken and written English.
●Experience in Teaching or Training relevant subject matter.
●Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills.
●Minimum Bachelor's degree in English or Drama/Theater Arts or other relevant to the subject matter education.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Subject of the email: Application for Public Speaking/Accent Training Instructor