Volunteer opportunity posted by: Zidisha, Inc.
Posted on: January 2, 2013
Do you have a passion for advancing opportunities for highly motivated people in the world's poorest communities? Do you enjoy volunteering on a flexible schedule from the comfort of your own home?
Zidisha Microfinance launched in 2009 as the world's first true person-to-person microlending platform, based on direct communication and transactions between lenders worldwide and borrowers in developing countries. We currently have openings for English- and French-speaking volunteers to contribute five to ten hours per week to join our Applicant Volunteer team. Applicant Volunteers review applications for completeness, and assist borrowers who request help to interact with our website via email and SMS. This is a "virtual volunteering" position that may be undertaken from any location in the world.
Members of Zidisha's Applicant Volunteer Team work with individuals who have applied to join Zidisha as borrowers. The goals of the position are twofold:
1. Ensure to the best of our ability that admitted applicants meet Zidisha's standards for membership.
2. Provide pleasant, professional and quick service to everyone who applies to join Zidisha.
1. Review new borrower applications for completeness. Work with applicants via email and SMS as necessary to help them add any missing information to their applications.
2. Work with local verification partner organizations and local community officials via email and SMS to independently confirm key information in new borrower applications.
3. Once applications are complete and key information is verified, work with Zidisha staff to make a decision of whether to admit an applicant as a Zidisha borrower.
· Passion for our mission of advancing economic opportunities for marginalized communities.
· High levels of personal integrity, honesty and responsibility.
· Strong interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, discretion and mature judgment.
· Skill in working with teams and in maintaining good communication at multiple levels.
· Proficiency in English required. Proficiency in French is a plus.
To apply, please send a note describing why this opportunity would be a good fit for you to Julia Kurnia at firstname.lastname@example.org.