The Director - Development & External Relations is a created volunteer role that provides leadership, direction and coordination for a comprehensive development program that secures financial resources from all donor segments.
Organization: Pallisa Children's Concern Project (PCCP)
Work Type: Hours to be at work– we would be completely flexible.
Closing date: Flexible
- Make a difference to over 40,000 children and youth who need your help and support.
The RoleThe Director - Development & External Relations provides leadership, direction and coordination for a comprehensive development program that secures financial resources from all donor segments. In particular:
- Builds multifaceted revenue streams with specific emphasis on creating and implementing a high-level annual gift campaign;
- Develops strategic plans and manages the development of a major corporate partnership program within the project.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with our donors and works hands-on to cultivate and solicit major gifts (in excess of $10,000);
- Leads and drives a major capital fundraising campaigns raising up to $20k in funds;
- Strategically grows PCCP'S fundraising capacity to reach international donors, foundations and International expatriate community;
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders in both Local and central Government.
Skills RequiredIdeally you have extensive experience in a similar role within another CHARITY based organisation. In addition to:
- Proven track record of securing large gifts (≥ $10K) and/or managing large capital fundraising campaigns.
- Experience in developing both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives in the areas of direct marketing campaigns, planned gifts, corporate partnerships, workplace giving, etc.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface, influence and engage with PCCP's management team and board Members.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in developing and managing, external relations strategies including marketing, media & communications plans and initiatives
How to Apply for this role:
Send e-mail and resume to : email@example.com
Please quote in subject line: Director - Development & External Relations
Contact Name: Leslie Koehler or Paul Osilon.
Areas of focus:
Mbale, Eastern Region, Uganda
Start and end dates:Flexible
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome