Volunteer opportunity posted by: CADIP - Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects
Posted on: March 18, 2013
The project will develop a clear understanding of sustainable development in schools and in the rural community of Villa San Cristobal in the province of Huamanga, Ayacucho region.
During the project, volunteers will be in permanent contact with children and young people, developing community projects with the residents of the area, sharing traditional Andean ways. The aim is to enrich their lives by implementing the integration of people with environmental activities, strengthening family ties, thus allowing the achievement of a sense of equality among participants, rural community members, international volunteers, project managers and the district municipality.
Volunteers will be involved in:
- Raising environmental awareness in schools and in the community through different activities like painting, drawing murals, setting up banners in strategic locations in the community, etc.
- Reforestation work and cleaning green areas in the community schools, along with students.
- Workshops: teaching English to children of the community and learning Quechua, the native language of Peru
- Community activities (working together with local residents)
- Learning traditional regional dances, cooking typical dishes of the region.
Project dates: July 5 - July 25, 2013
Find out more about this and other volunteer opportunities in Peru at: http://www.cadip.org/volunteer-in-peru.htm
For programs in other countries check out: http:www.cadip.org
To enroll in the project now, click here: http://www.cadip.org/enrol.htm or give us a call:
USA: 646-582-9000; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400
Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400