Volunteer: Young Peacebuilders Communications Manager
Job Title: Communications Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 5-12 hours weekly to be agreed
Commitment: 6 months minimum
Pay: Unpaid Internship or Volunteer. Agreed expenses paid.
Reporting To: YP Director, Dr. Michael McGill
Language: Spoken and written fluency in English
To Apply: Complete formhttp://goo.gl/LufwAH
Location: Anywhere with good communications & Internet
Application closes: Midnight August 8, 2016 EST
Benefits: Fantastic experience and responsibilities to strengthen your communications resume. Coaching from Dr. McGill with ample opportunity to practice and develop your communications skills while supporting conflict-affected children and youth. Learning about child/youth peacebuilding. Potential letter of recommendation. Willing to consider work for academic credit.
What Young Peacebuilders (YP) Does
Read more at www.YoungPeacebuilders.com. YP develops partnerships, research, projects and tools that nurture peacebuilding passion and skill in children and youth in contexts impacted by armed conflict. In this way YP helps prevent and end cycles of violence. We also help design effective child and youth peacebuilding projects and research for others. We want to see a major shift in the dominant method of addressing contemporary conflicts toward investing in young people as peacebuilders.
- Help improve, implement, and monitor YP communications strategy; help others support the strategy
- Expand YP social media reach and influence including: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram website
- Use social media to encourage and support young people in preventing and countering violent extremism and building peace. This includes countering violent extremist messages with peacebuilding messages and linking young people with practical tools, resources, and opportunities to bring pro-social change through non-violent means.
- Suggest or create fresh content for YP website including blog posts
- Help produce a YP newsletter every 2 months and increase mailing list size
- Find best child/youth peacebuilding related articles, research, events, example projects to share
- Assist with social media generated communications; responding to inquiries & prioritizing responses
- Regular access to the Internet
- Some social media experience
- Extremely Trustworthy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Learner with ability to work remotely
- Attention to detail and Problem solver
- Disciplined independent worker
- Technologically savvy with significant computer experience
- Video and photo editing skills
- Experience using WordPress
Current Web Platforms
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
- New York, NY, US
Start and end dates:Application closes: Midnight August 8, 2016 EST. Start as soon as possible.
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome