Volunteer opportunity posted by: Save The Bay
Posted on: February 1, 2013
Development and Fundraising Volunteer
Save The Bay is the largest regional organization working to protect, restore and celebrate San Francisco Bay. As its leading champion since 1961, Save The Bay protects the Bay from pollution and inappropriate shoreline development, making it cleaner and healthier for people and wildlife. We restore habitat and secure strong policies to re-establish 100,000 acres of wetlands that are essential for a healthy Bay. We engage 40,000 supporters, advocates and volunteers to protect the Bay, and inspire the next generation of environmental leaders by educating thousands of students annually. www.saveSFbay.org
Position Description: The Development and Fundraising Volunteer will work with Save The Bay's Development team to advance strategic fundraising campaigns targeting corporate, foundation and individual supporters.
As a member of our dynamic team, the volunteer will help enter and maintain data; conduct grant and donor research; support donor communication, communications and stewardship efforts; and perform various administrative duties in support of fundraising campaigns as assigned.
• Interest in San Francisco Bay environmental issues
• Strong writing, research and organizational skills
• Commitment to confidentiality of donor records
• Completion of two years of undergraduate education.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Experience with data entry, will receive Salesforce training
• Ability to complete tasks independently
• Availability for at least 20 hours per week
• Enthusiasm for Save The Bay's mission and programs
Volunteers make a 12-week commitment and expect to work at least 20 hours a week between Feb 12, 2013 and May 15, 2013.Transportation reimbursement is available.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include "Development Volunteer" in subject line. Position open until filled.