Software Development Officer – Chiang Mai, Thailand
Baan Dek Foundation is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports about 1000 migrant children in need and their families in the construction sites and slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek protects vulnerable children, allows families to become self-sustainable and provides children with opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially registered according to Thai Law and is supported by four independent entities: Kids Home France, Kids Home Italia, Kids Home UK and Kids Home America, which are all recognized as charitable associations in their respective countries, and they fundraise and raise awareness for the Baan Dek Foundation's work in Thailand. You can find further information about Baan Dek's projects at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Baan Dek is currently looking for a volunteer in charge of Software Development Officer. The objective of the mission is to adapt knowledge contents on digital in order to support the transformation of life skills (key knowledge contents) into an e-curriculum to reach more children and support the scalability and sustainability of the work in underserved communities.
More specifically, it includes the following:
- Support in the creation of digital apps featuring tailored contents of knowledge for children to be delivered directly within communities in need.
- Support in developing adapted tools based on mobile technologies to organize M&E and Project Impact Assessment.
- Participation in local projects developed by the Baan Dek Foundation: Support the team with field activities dedicated to the development of children's self-expression and creativity.
- Complementary work: Work closely with the management team as well as Baan Dek's International Coordinator to support the development of requested communications, etc.
- Qualifications: IT studies and/or confirmed skills / interest.
- Previous professional experience in software development is requested.
- Experience with children is considered an asset.
- Personal characteristics: Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in IT and social work.
- Languages: Proficiency in written and oral English. French/Italian/Thai considered an asset.
- Other skills: Ability to drive a motorbike.
- Duration of contract: 6 months (starting as soon as possible).
- Position status: 6-month contract, Internship/Volunteering - open to any nationality and extension. - Compensation: No financial compensation / Open to self-financing initiatives.
Benefits: Accommodation and food, motorbike.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit and in line with the local needs. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek's Child Protection Policy.
- Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome