Volunteer opportunity posted by: Noahs Ark of Calcutta
Posted on: January 29, 2013
1.Volunteering can also be done through internet in cases of Grant writing and Fundraising.
2. Volunteers for Fundraising and personal finance have to write grants, for and on behalf of the organization after overseeing the activities of it and if possible giving donation or arranging donors for the organization. And giving advises and help for Fundraising for the organization.
3.Preaching and teaching the Word of our LORD and good Values through Caring and sharing with the Vulnarable part of the society.
Qualities needed for volunteering:
1. English language is must.
2. Experience in Grant writing and fundraising with innovative ideas.
3. Experience of personal financing to Charities and motivating Donors.
4. Experience in preaching and outreach among non believers.
5. Spiritually motivated to serve among the poorest in adverse climatic conditions.
6. Attitude of oneness with others.
7. Some experience in the relevant fields but freshers are also equally welcomed.
8. Must be competent to bear his or her individual traveling and living expenses.
Duration : Starting from 2 months to as long as one can stay according to his or her convinience.
Costs: A person flying from London to Calcutta and back by British Airways included tax costs about $1500 ( Approximately) please take the current information from the travel agents.
$10 (Approximately) for daily food.
$100 per month (Approximately) for house rent.
Personal expenses includes, telephone charges, personal traveling, emergency medicines etc.
Location: Calcutta is the Capital City of West Bengal and the former Capital of British India, Its situated on the eastern bank of river Hooghly and a metro city has got an ethnic but yet modern look, it is the "City of Joy" being blessed by the spirit of Mother Teresa, this is the most important city in the whole Eastern and North Eastern India., it can be reached either by air or train or car from any part of India. It has got Bus, taxi, Metro and Circular Railway services to join the four corners of it. There are enough possibilities to arrange rented houses and hotels for any type of visitors. This city has got all amenities to suite all types of wallet.
Program location is in the south western outskirts of Calcutta, called Thakurpukur, which is about 1 and half hour distant from the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International and Domestic airport Dumdum, Calcutta and about 1 hour distant from the Howrah and Sialdah Railway Stations by car. which costs between $6 to $9 maximum
Contact : Mr. Joakim Alfred (Secretary and Chief functionary).
173 Daspara Road, Thakurpukur, Opposite Sishusadan, Calcutta- 700063.
Phone: 0091-9903874279, 0091-9433149300.
Please send your application along with your C.V., if possible with a Photograph of your self and at least a paragraph describing, your motivation and your current possition which led you to serve others in adverse living condition. Send your Application to Mr. Joakim Alfred email@example.com@noahsark.org.in