The Spudnik Press Board of Directors will support the work of Spudnik Press Cooperative and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are handled by staff under the leadership of the Executive Director, Board Members provide long-range leadership, governance and oversight for the organization while spearheading individual donor fundraising efforts.
A key responsibility for the Board of Directors is overseeing the implementation of the current Strategic Plan of Spudnik Press Cooperative, as well as leading ongoing evaluation and planning for the organization. A secondary area of focus is expanding the network of donors that support the organization through cash contributions, in-kind services, event attendance and purchasing services.
Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for reappointment for additional terms. Full board meetings will be held every other month. Members are expected to serve on at least one committee, meeting approximately once per month.
- Interpret the organization's work and values, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson.
- Stay informed about current programming.
- Attend and participate in board and committee meetings. Promote and attend a variety of public programs.
- Extend personal invitations to potential supporters, continually expanding our network of donors and clients.
- Represent Spudnik Press stakeholders through approving annual budget, business decisions and participating in an annual performance review of Executive Director.
- Serve on a committee. Current committees: Development, Governance, Annual Benefit. Forthcoming: Finance
- Contribute a minimum of $240 to Spudnik Press Cooperative per board term (September – August).
- Attend Legal & Fiduciary Responsibilities training upon joining the board.
- Opportunities for professional development as a board member.
- Honorary Spudnik Press membership, inclusive of all benefits, to align with their board terms.
- 15% of all classes and workshops
- Invitation to exclusive member events
- Annual Thank You Gift
- Additional discounts on studio use programs
Skills & Qualifications:
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Spudnik Press' mission and/or visual arts.and Priority given to applicants who are accomplished in areas ofneedimportance to the organization such as law, board governance, board development, public relations and data assessment, as well as fine art printmaking, community education, exhibitions and art sales.
1821 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL, US 60622
Start and end dates:Terms are 2 years.
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Fee required