Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Boys & Girls Aid-Oregon
Posted on: April 14, 2014
This volunteer position will support the Director of Human Resources in balancing the Agency's Human Resources objectives with the everyday needs of the Department. The Human Resources volunteer will manage specific projects, conduct and present research, and assist with general office duties in the Human Resources
Department as needed.
• Respond to employee questions and requests by email, phone or in person
• Maintain confidentiality and follow policies and procedures in the Agency handbook
• Support the core purpose, core values and management principles of the Agency
• Support the Director of Human Resources in coordinating staff orientations and training programs.
• Perform general office duties, including scheduling, filing, writing and editing correspondence and maintaining the supply of HR and benefits materials.
• Maintain physical employee personnel and benefits files, ensuring they are consistent and accurate.
• File/archive current and terminated employee files
• Assist during New Hire Orientation in ensuring new employees complete necessary paperwork and obtain necessary and required employment information
• Oversee and monitor applicant tracking processes as per the Applicant Process Checklist. Enter applicable data into Applicant flow log
• HR Center: Maintain forms and supplies such as new hire and orientation, benefits, Employee Action Forms, and Employee Information Forms
• Distribute various HR communications
• Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
• Successful passing of the DHS BCU Criminal Background and/or Fingerprint Checks
• Standing, walking, sitting at a computer, and keyboarding on a frequent basis.
• Able to carry materials and set up displays up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
To apply please submit resume, along with any other application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries and ask that you wait to be contacted by the Agency if follow-up is needed.