Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Sustainable Silicon Valley
Posted on: October 23, 2013
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
SSV is leading Silicon Valley to a more sustainable future through collaboration with local government agencies, businesses, and community organizations to identify and address these highest-priority environmental issues. We do this by engaging prominent Valley organizations to proactively work toward self-imposed goals of reducing regional CO2 emissions and water use -- and helping them translate those goals into measurable results.)
Unpaid Volunteer Position
Time Commitment: 3-6 months; 10-15 hrs/week
Reports to: Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV) Head of Administration.
About the position:
Working under the supervision of the Head of Administration, the Administrative Assistant oversees and manages all office procedures and other tasks as assigned by the SSV management. This is a volunteer position. The ideal candidate should commit a minimum of 10-15 hours per week working at the SSV office location. It is assumed that the candidate will have his/her own laptop and communications tools. Microsoft Office skills a plus (A computer can be provided, if needed). In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate include, but are not limited to the following: job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The administration team consists of several individuals, not all duties and responsibilities have to be managed by each administrator.
1. Oversee all aspects of general office coordination.
2. Maintain office calendar to coordinate work-flow and meetings.
3. Monitor and assist with maintenance of the organization's website.
4. Interact with partners, vendors and visitors.
5. Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
6. Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
7. Sign for and distribute UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
8. Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
9. Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
10. File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports.
11. Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, and office keys.
12. Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, personnel and housekeeping.
13. Create and modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation, software such as Microsoft Office or other programs.
14. May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation to the Executive Director and staff.
15. Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
16. Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, Board or other meetings.
17. Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings and follow up on action items.
18. Collect and maintain inventory of office equipment and supplies.
19. Research, price and purchase or arrange for donations of office equipment and supplies.
20. Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
21. Support staff in assigned project‐based work.
22. May supervise volunteers and other support personnel.
23. Assists in special events, such as fundraising activities and the annual meeting.
Qualities and Skills:
1. Dependable, motivated professional, used to take on responsibility, communicating clearly and producing agreed upon results reliably.
2. Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of partner, staff and agency information.
3. Ability to collaborate in a team setting and contribute to team goals.
4. Good communication skills in interaction with partners, colleagues and visitors.
5. Experience with standard PC or MAC applications and WEB browser
Please send in your resume to email@example.com