We need volunteers for English classes and sports, Trujillo, Peru
Our organization promotes development in the community, focussing on the education of under privileged children and teenagers.
- To promote and protect the rights of children and adolescents.
-To raise awareness and to intervene in the public and private institutions to publicize the reality and the problems facing children and teenagers in Peru.
reflects the world we want: a world in which all children and teenagers fully enjoy their rights and dignified life.
Type of help:
Babysitting / child care
We are looking for volunteers who want to learn about other cultures, are caring, responsible and empathetic, have good interpersonal relationships, are able to work in teams are creative and open minded.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US WITH ENGLISH CLASSES, WHO ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN DANCE, MUSIC AND SPORTS.
-Who can be a volunteer?
- Minimum Age 17.
- -Minimum stay of 2 weeks - Max no time limit (1 , 2 or more months).
- CV/Resume for project to know more about you will be requested prior to arrival.
- It is not required that volunteers have teaching experience before participating in this program.
- The command of Spanish is not required by our organization, but we recommend you learn the basic level.
- Intermediate or Basic level of English language.
- Able to work in a team.
- Proactive and enterprising.
- Dynamic and receptive.
- Responsible and committed in fulfilling the tasks assigned.
- We offer the chance for university students to have an internship in teaching English to the children . For those studying linguistics and/or ESL (or similar categories), this would be a great opportunity to use what you have been taught in college or fulfill that internship elective. For anybody who would like to have more teaching experience (ex. for those who are studying to teach or studying other majors in college), this would also be a great opportunity to get teaching experience. Teaching English in a foreign country can give you more experience than you can imagine (not only in the area of teaching English but also in other areas of life). This opportunity can provide invaluable work experience which will help prepare the applicant for future jobs in this field or other fields.
The profiles of volunteers we need are varied:
Educators: tutoring, support kindergartens, English teachers, leisure and recreation, art, etc.
- we need many hands and surely find a project that interests you and where you can contribute your skills.
Volunteers work 5 days a week, 3 to 4 hours per day.
The classes take place either in a primary school, a college or our volunteers´ house. In the primary school we teach more than 300 children, who are between the ages of 5 and 12. During the classes you will be supported by the teacher or the coordinator of the organization.
Arrival : we will pick up of Trujillo airport or Trujillo terminal of bus
Training: In-country orientation , We´llprovide you a certificate upon
completion of the program.
Support: Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency
What we offer for your great help?
- We provide free advice on topics or issue tour in Peru.
- We make walks or trips to the beach, mountains, etc.
- Free Treeking .
- We provide free tourist guide for the city of trujillo,
- Free entrance to some museums of the city.
- Free Spanish lessons,
- Free lessons adventure sports (surfing, sandboarding, etc).
- Free entrance to festivals in the city, clubs, discotecs.
- Discounts on lessons and practices yoga.
- Discounts on classes of Latin dances (salsa, merengue, etc).
- Free tickets to concerts of reggae, rock, etc.
- WE PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD ( BREAKFAST,LUNCH AND DINNER )
At the heart of our organisation is the philosophy that we all have our own personal limits, but when we work together to help others we can do so much more.
english and spanish
We have a House for our volunteers, the rooms are shared, it is a very safe and quiet place. The house is close to supermarkets, laundries, shopping centres and places of recreation for the volunteers. There are also buses into the centre of Trujillo or to the beach from near the house.
What else ...
The city of Trujillo has many tourist attractions which you can visit, to learn more about the ancient cultures, including those before the Incas (the Moche and Chimu). You can also practice many different sports here.
Trujillo is a city on the coast in the North of Peru and has a semitropical climate.
FOR MORE INFORMATION WRITE US
Calle Miguel Grau Mz 3 Lte 7 Huanchaquito - Bajo Huanchaco, Peru
Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru 13001
Start and end dates:YEAR AROUND
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Fee required
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome