Volunteer Opportunity posted by: Atoll Volunteers
Posted on: July 8, 2014
About Atoll Volunteers
Atoll Volunteers is a young organisation which is run by a local NGO. Atoll Volunteers is a community based organisation which brings in international volunteers to a small island community in the Maldives. We run projects in a range of fields: Marine Conservation, Teaching, Medical Placements, Sports and Community Development.
As such we attract volunteers from all over the world and from different backgrounds. We are now looking for a skilled person to act as our Volunteer Coordinator to support the growing number of volunteers.
- Recruitment of international volunteers, including but not limited to: posting on websites, developing content, contacting organisations and increasing Atoll Volunteers' online presence.
- Answer queries from prospective international volunteers regarding volunteering in the Maldives.
- Manage international volunteers' stay in the Maldives and ensuring current volunteers' wellbeing.
- Develop capacity and assist in administrative duties of Atoll Volunteers.
- Maintaining our activity in social media such as Facebook and YouTube.
- Welcoming and briefing new volunteers.
- Performing on-going evaluation of our volunteer programmes.
- Compose reports and grant proposals for agencies such as UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC and World Bank.
- Coordinate and organise events for the community, such as anti-drug campaigns, women empowerment activities and youth development programmes.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience with working with volunteers (pereferred).
- Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, and relay complicated information in a user-friendly manner.
- Experience with effectively using social media and on-line campaigning in a professional setting.
- Experience with working with HR or the NGO sector is a plus.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work independently and under time pressure.
- A strong interest in development issues such as human rights, gender equality and youth development.
- Bachelor's, Master's or professional degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 3 month commitment. Applicants who are available for longer preferred.
As our volunteer coordinator you will receive free accommodation and food.
The accommodation is a studio apartment with A/C and a bathroom.
Your breakfast will be served at a local family and lunch and dinner at a local restaurant.
Atoll Volunteers will cover all visa costs and transportation from the capital, Male', to our location.
As we are a relatively small and not-for-profit organisation, we cannot cover flight costs to and from the Maldives.
What's in it for you?
- You will get the unique chance to work 'on the ground' in development work in the Maldives.
- Your network will increase significantly as you will meet a large number of international and Maldivian people.
- You will receive valuable experience for building your CV.
- You will get the chance to experience the beauty and excitement of the Maldives through your work and through our weekly excursions to remote, uninhabited islands.
- Are you a student? If you are interested and meet the criteria, we can arrange for this to be structured as an internship.
To apply for this position you must be able to start work by beginning-mid August 2014 (or close to it).
For more information on our organisation and programmes, see www.atollvolunteers.com
Application deadline: 20th July 2014
Interested parties please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com - subject 'volunteer coordinator'
Application deadline: 20th July 2014
Environment , Arts , Sports and recreation , Animals , Civic engagement , Volunteering , International cooperation , Drug abuse , Men , Economic development , Research and science , Health and medicine , Community development , Travel and transportation , Education , Job and workplace , Youth , Social enterprise , Network of nonprofits , Women