General The Training Director's main objective is to prepare volunteers for their summer projects. The Training Director also serves as coordinates with International Office on training and serves as a resource for parents, especially in regards to summer projects and protocols. The Training Director is empowered to meet these objectives. The Training Director is expected to uphold and promote the AMIGOS Standards of Conduct in carrying them out.
Services Preparing Volunteers for summer projects. The Training Director shall plan and implement training of Chapter Volunteers, consistent with Amigos de las Américas Volunteer Training Objectives and Core Curriculum (as provided by the International Office), including but not limited to the following:
- Recruit, coordinate, and mentor a Training Team of experienced Veteran Volunteers. Training Team.
- Plan and implement training sessions and weekend retreats, according to the schedule approved by the Board.
- Evaluate and adjust training materials as appropriate.
- To facilitate training and fundraising goals, assist Volunteers in planning and implementing fundraising projects approved by the Board.
- Utilize community resources and speakers as appropriate and provide opportunities for volunteers to interact with native speakers.
Volunteer support and evaluation
- Support volunteers in training. Evaluate their participation and progress. Provide feedback as necessary.
- Advise volunteers of inappropriate behavior or lack of progress. Inform Board of concerns as appropriate.
- Be available to volunteers as they return from Community, if possible, at the return retreat.
- Mentor volunteers who are interested in other leadership roles, such as training staff or project staff, or Board position.
- Submit draft training budget to Chapter treasurer at the beginning of each program year.
- Be responsible and accountable to the Board for adhering to the Training Budget once approved by the Board.
- Manage the Training Budget in the most responsible, cost-effective manner.
- Communicate with the Chapter treasurer as needed.
- Submit all expense reports and receipts to the treasurer for Chapter training expenses in a timely manner.
- Inform Board of any concerns with volunteers or training staff.
- Attend Board meetings and provide progress reports.
International Office Coordination
- Communicate with IO as needed.
- Attend Fall TD workshop as budgeted by Board.
- Complete formal volunteer evaluation forms. Forward to Training Liaison and IO before the volunteers begin their field assignments, and provide copies for Chapter records.
- Complete any relevant task requested or required by IO.
- Oakland, CA, US
Start and end dates:August to June
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided