Visual Communications Officer – Chiang Mai, Thailand, or potential remote work from Bangkok
The Baan Dek Foundation ('Kids Home Foundation' in English) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious, organization that supports about 1,000 children in need and their families in the slums of Chiang Mai Province (Northern Thailand). Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek protects vulnerable children, allows families to become self-sustainable and gives them opportunities for a better future.
The Foundation is officially recognized by Thai Law and is supported by three independent entities: Kids Home France, Kids Home Italia, Kids Home America and Kids Home UK. All are recognized as charitable associations in their respective countries, and their mission is to fundraise and spread information about the Baan Dek Foundation's work in Thailand.
More information about the Kids Home Network is available at: www.baandekfoundation.org
The Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for a Visual Communication Officer (skilled in Graphic Design / Illustration / Photography) as a volunteer or intern. The objectives of the mission are to:
1. Edit and create communication materials for Baan Dek external/internal communications (pictures / video / promotional posters, leaflets, web design, illustrations, developing the content for projects, etc).
2. Support the management team in day-to-day missions and projects.
3. Participate in local projects developed by Kids Home Foundation: the After-School Project (after-school activities delivered in a governmental school and orphanage) / the Access4Kids Project (educational activities designed to support migrant communities working on construction sites) / the Flying Library Project (mobile library activities delivered in slums around Chiang Mai), etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
Degree (or currently pursuing a degree) in Graphic Design (flexible)
Professional experience in graphic design and illustration / animation with children an asset
Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other programs in Adobe Creative Suite
Professional and Personal Atributes:
Creative and meticulous
Ability to work independently with a deadline
Ability to provide and receive positive criticism in a constructive manner
Highly motivated, flexible and interested in humanitarian missions
Languages: English both spoken and written / French is an Asset
Duration of contract: 6 months (flexible), starting ASAP
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand, with potential remote work from Bangkok
Position status: Volunteering/internship (certification can be awarded at the end of the project)
Compensation: No financial compensation, but lunch is provided on weekdays, and accommodation and transportation are available.
Applications (CV, cover letter and portfolio) to be sent to Allison Sanders, Research & Development Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
- Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
- Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome