We Need Your Help
"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." Andrew Carnegie
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization that works with youth living with the virus HIV/AIDS. We provide programs and activities to boost those entering into our program with mental, Physical and social wellbeing as well social health.
The mission of H.Y.P.E. is to strive to empower, educate, support, and train all youth and young adults (5-30 years old) living with HIV/AIDS to become active leaders, so they will encourage and empower others living with the virus with a positive influence to transform societal stigmas as well increase public awareness of HIV/AIDS especially for children, youth, and young adults.
Our organization was crated from inspiration, love and compassion. The founder and Executive Director of H.Y.P.E. to Empower Inc. who created this organization at the age of 22 now 24, because he was inspired through issues in his own life. As a youth living with HIV/AIDS he knew something had to be done. Seeing the ever increasing number of youth affected by the disease, he made it his life's mission to do his part in working with children, youth, and young adults living with HIV/AIDS.
We are in phase two of developmental, and in need of volunteers who are will and able and willing, to help strengthen the structure of our organization.
SUMMARY of Professional Assistant
Responsible administrative support and performs numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, emailing, handling visitors, routing callers, and answering questions and requests.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to departments or individuals.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Alert manager about cancelations or new meetings.
- Manage travel and schedule.
- Handle information requests.
- Prepare and send out both electronic and physical correspondences.
- Arrange for outgoing mail and packages to be picked up.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Manage spreadsheets.
- Greet and receive visitor.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Coordinates office management activities.
- Determine matters of top priority and handle accordingly.
- Prepare agenda for meetings.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Take note a local community events.
- Helps prepare office budget.
- Plans events and volunteer activities.
- Maintain office procedures.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepares, compiles and maintains travel vouchers and records.
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine and scanner.
- Coordinate committees and task forces.
- Relay directives, instructions and assignment to executives.
- Receive and relay telephone messages.
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage all correspondence, reports and documents
- Organize and coordinate all meetings and conferences.
- Record, type and distribute minutes of meetings
- Maintain schedules and calendars
- Arrange and confirm appointments
- Handle incoming mail and other material
- Create and maintain filing systems
- Keep Executive Director on track with goals and assignments
- Edit works documents
- Keep Executive Directors documents and work station organized
- Assist in creating in-kind and community proposals
- Maintain databases
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications - spreadsheets, word and database management, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- Proven experience in information and communication management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer-service orientation
- Stress tolerance
Volunteers play a huge role with the production of our organization. Your passion will allow our organization to help many children, youth and young adults in need.
Ever since our organization was established, we have strived to provide help where the need is greatest.
We are especially happy to find new volunteers who share our commitment in helping our cause.
H.Y.P.E. to Empower Inc.
- Please label as Phase 2 Programs
1075 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA, US 30309
Duration:3 months or longer