Volunteer Information and Information Technology Manager, 8 to 16 hours
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Organizational Development, the Volunteer Information and Information Technology Manager will strategically develop, guide, implement, and manage information management policies and practices, and IT systems and solutions, across the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing, and managing information management systems, governing how information and intellectual capital is organized, accessed, stored, and protected using IT platforms.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining uniform organization-wide standards for information and intellectual capital categorization, control, storage, and recall (for example, naming protocols, handover and transition practices and procedures, external contacts management, etc.)
- Developing, implementing, and managing IT plans, processes, and solutions to integrate and share information and intellectual capital inside and outside of the organization.
- Developing, implementing, and managing cloud based computing solutions for information and work productivity/workflow management, based on performance, security, ownership, and compliance needs and variables.
- Providing technical advice, strategy, and support for web development, fundraising, and communications goals, initiatives, projects, and campaigns.
- Primary administrator responsibility for hardware, software, and email systems.
- Facilitating technical setup and takedown of live presentations, webinars, web teleconferencing and meetings, including equipment management and video recording.
Demonstrated Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related subject.
- Experience in project planning and management, including documentation and reporting.
- Experience in digital information management, cloud computing platforms, software, and solutions.
- Experience in developing and implementing IT practices and systems across a team, department, or enterprise/organization.
- Experience in using or supporting IT to support external communications, marketing, fundraising, and/or customer and stakeholder relationship management.
- Experience in web development or website management.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team player to carry out and achieve cross-organizational strategies and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals, meet deadlines, seek opportunities, propose solutions and implement enhancements, with a proactive approach to problem solving (better yet, problem anticipation!).
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to discern key objectives related to complex processes, and effectively communicate suggestions and solutions to other stakeholders in the organization.
1901 North Fort Myer Dr.
Arlington, VA, US 22209
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome