CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Audio Technician / Producer
Want to help to change lives and empower local communities with a life-long impact?
We are a registered Canadian Charity that works in rural communities of Nicaragua providing full scholarships for young students to attend medical school. Our goal is to increase access to healthcare and education in rural Nicaragua by empowering youth to become agents of change in their communities.
We are life-long, local, life-saving.
Job Summary & Essential Duties:
The position of Audio Technician will produce a monthly podcast called Development Works for the organization. This role is ideal for an individual who is looking to produce a monthly show on their own schedule for a philanthropic organization. Reporting to the Founder, this role is performed remotely and requires a minimum of 4 to 15 hours per month (dependent on experience). This is a 12-month contract commencing in February until January 31, 2018.
- Set up and capture professional quality audio at our Development Works speaker series event 1x/month (Sunday afternoon from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm)
- Work with the Founder and the Director of Operations to cut and edit the show
- Direct when necessary, produce, and distribute a monthly podcast
- Develop promotional strategies to increase viewership
- Edit content on a monthly basis either remotely or in person
- Advertise DFD/NFN events to your network
- Support other DFD initiatives where possible
- Experience with Audacity / Adobe Audition for cutting and releasing audio content and/or the willingness to learn software
- Able to work independently and takes initiative to complete tasks assigned
- Growth mentality and willingness to take ownership of tasks and ideas
- Previous production experience, an asset
- Familiarity with Slack app, an asset
We cannot wait for you to join our team of dynamic professionals, finding creative solutions to complex problems!
If you require an accommodation of any kind in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
780A Manning Ave
Toronto, ON, Canada
Start and end dates:February 2017 - January 2018
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Afternoons
Days of week:Weekends