Volunteer opportunity posted by: Tostan
Posted on: January 15, 2013
TOSTAN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Our Africa Volunteer Program is a great opportunity for interested individuals to gain experience with a rapidly expanding NGO while working to empower communities across Africa. Our volunteer program requires a minimum commitment of one year, with the possibility to stay for two years or more, and welcomes individuals 18-years-old and above to apply. We are especially seeking service of current college students, recent graduates, and Master's/PhD candidates from around the world. These volunteer placements are full-time and competitive.
We are recruiting for:
- Assistant to the National Coordinator – Guinea Bissau
- Assistant to the National Coordinator – Guinea Conakry
- Regional Project Assistant – the Gambia
- Regional Volunteer – Senegal
- Administrative Assistant – Senegal
Please visit our "volunteer and intern opportunities" page for further information on these available positions.
Start date: June 2013
Deadline to Apply: February 1, 2013
As a non-profit organization which works to commit the maximum level of resources to our communities, we rely on volunteers to cover many of their own costs during their volunteer placements. These costs include expenses incurred during travel between the volunteer's home country and work country, medical costs, and other personal incidentals such as meals, personal travel, clothes, etc. We in turn do our best to commit to covering housing and weekday lunches for all of our volunteers. We also provide a small monthly stipend.
- Lunch Monday-Friday
- Travel expenses for work-related trips
- Internet access in office during reasonable hours of the day and night
- A small monthly stipend
- Local language classes
HOW TO APPLY
1) Complete and submit our on-line Africa Volunteer Program Application Form
2) Once you have submitted it, send the following materials to the Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of motivation
- Most current CV or résumé
- Short writing sample(s): 1-3 pages, non-fiction, on a development-related or Africa-related subject of your choice, possibly from past coursework or a published article. Writing samples must be submitted in French and in English for positions in francophone countries.