These volunteering opportunities are available in a number of locations throughout Anne Arundel County and work around your schedule. Training and certification is provided.
What Are The Benefits of Volunteering at HoC?
- You can obtain community service hours accepted by your high school, college, the National Honors Society, or other club
- We work around your schedule
- We offer free training in a number of areas
- Opportunity for a variety of certifications, which can be used professionally and on your resume
- Obtain experience in a professional setting with a well-respected organization
- Get a head start on networking, and being meeting professional references
Do you need community service credits? Do you want to develop skills and earn certifications that will help springboard you towards a better professional reputation? Do you want to do volunteer work that is both rewarding and fun?
Hospice of the Chesapeake is a fully licensed, community-based non-profit organization. We provide services to terminally ill patients at the place that they call home - regardless of their age or ability to pay. In order to provide the best possible service to our patients and their families, Hospice of the Chesapeake depends on the generous support from the community, key business partners, and philanthropic operations to improve the quality of life for those in our community experiencing advanced illness or bereavement.
What Kind of Volunteering Would I Do?
As a teen volunteer, you will have a number of opportunities available to you. We will work with you to find you a position that you want that also makes the most of your skills. The following is just a small sample of the kind of volunteer work you can do for us.
- Provide child care while parents attend grieving support groups, or help to develop age appropriate packages of games and books. We also have opportunities to participate as part of the teen corps for our bereavement camp. (This is great experience for those pursuing childhood education/teaching/etc.).
- Volunteer in an administrative capacity-including data entry. (Great experience for those looking to work in an office setting)
- Participate in Story Corps where you write stories about patients and their lives. (Wonderful for English majors and future authors).
- Retail opportunities at our upscale consignment shop Treasures (Retail and sales experience).
- A number of veteran initiatives, such as participating in veterans' events, or interviewing and capturing veteran stories to submit to Library of Congress' Veterans Project.
- Participate in community events such as Walk a Mile in a Child's Shoes or Beads for Brits.
- Other miscellaneous roles-cooking, photography, helping with social media, landscaping, playing musical instruments-the list goes on!
Even if you don't see what you're looking for-contact us and tell us what you want. We will help you find a place in our organization where you will feel happy, useful, and make a real difference.
Where Will I Volunteer?
We offer inpatient care, as well as outpatient care throughout Anne Arundel county. We also have events throughout the year that require volunteers. We will work with you to find the most convenient locations for you, as well as work around your schedule.
90 Ritchie Hwy
Pasadena, MD, US 21122
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided