Use your Voice to Change the World and become a RESULTS Advocacy Group Member (voluntary)
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed, everyday people. Together, we use our voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. As volunteers, we receive training, support and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time we learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them toward decisions that improve access to health, education and economic opportunity. Together, we realise the incredible power we possess to use our voices to change the world.
RESULTS is looking for passionate, committed everyday people like you to join our groups and be trained, supported and inspired to become skilled advocates, because our groups are where the magic happens.
What you will do as an Advocacy Group Member:
- Work with your local group to build political and public will to end extreme poverty, such as by writing to and meeting with parliamentarians, and writing to and meeting with the media.
- Attend monthly Fact & Action meetings (usually held on the last Sunday of the month, 3.00 – 5.30pm AEST, with some exceptions) to learn, build confidence, and take action together.
- Meet with local political representatives and other policymakers to influence decisions that will bring an end to poverty globally.
- Commit about 4 hours per month to carry out campaign-related activities and actions.
The kind of people we're looking for possess:
- An ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve campaign goals and objectives
- A keen passion to make a real difference in the world
- A working knowledge and/or passion in one of the following areas related to extreme poverty; health, education and/or economic opportunity
- Advocating, lobbying and/or campaign expertise or the courage and willingness to develop these skills
- Social media, print, TV media or other communication skills and/or a willingness to develop these skills
- A willingness to promote the work of RESULTS across a number of networks
Terms & Conditions of Engagement
This is a volunteer role. Applicants are asked to commit approximately 4 hours per month for a minimum 12 month period. Opportunities for leadership, such as being a Group Leader or Group Partner, also exist for those seeking further growth and involvement.
How do I get involved?
If you are passionate about making a real difference, available for advocacy group meetings and keen to get on board and develop your advocacy and leadership skills, than please express interest and tell us a bit about yourself.
What happens next?
Step 1: Once you have expressed interest, you will receive an email confirmation directing you to the Get Involved section of the RESULTS website. Please complete the online application to join a RESULTS Advocacy Group near you.
Step 2: Upon receipt of your online application we will be in contact with you.
Step 3: You will automatically be added to our mailing list.
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Gina Olivieri, Grassroots Engagement Manager on
0403 993 468 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
204/117 Old Pittwater Rd
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Start and end dates:NA
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome