You can make a difference - one life at a time.
Hold a hand. Drive a car. Use a computer. Address envelopes. Feed a pet. Make a speech. Bake a cake. Ring up a sale. Make phone calls. Listen to cherished memories. Pat a shoulder. Give a hug. Touch a heart.
Wherever you choose to volunteer at Suncoast Hospice and Empath Health, there's a place for you. Whether you want to work directly with patients and families or in another role, you can make a big difference in someone's life, including your own.
To learn more about how you can get started, call 727-523-3440 or visit http://empathhealth.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Did you know?
- Training is provided at no cost.
- Volunteer locations throughout Pinellas County.
- Daytime, evening and weekend options available.
- Volunteer from home.
- Volunteer a few hours a week, a couple hours a month, or one-time opportunities.
- Volunteer opportunities start for teens as early as age 14. Please visit our teen volunteer page for requirements.
- No experience or medical background necessary.
Organizational/Administrative Support Opportunities
- Office Volunteers
- Empath Café Assistant
- Maintenance Support
- Special Events
- Corporate Volunteer Program
- AIDS Service Association of Pinellas (ASAP)
- Choices for Care
- Program of All-Inclusive Care (PACE) – Day Center Volunteer
- Perinatal Loss Program
Patient and Family Support Volunteer Opportunities:
- Patient & Family Support
- Bereavement Volunteer Program
- Telephone Support
- Children's Community Program Volunteer
- Empath Home Health Volunteer
- Community Counseling
- Palliative Arts –
- Pet Visits
- Licensed Massage Therapy
- Program of All-Inclusive Care (PACE) – PACE Home Volunteers
- Veterans Serving Veterans
Hospice Teen Volunteer (HTV) Program
If you are a high school student who lives or attends school in Pinellas County and are between the ages of 14-18, you may become an Empath Health teen volunteer.
- Brighten the day of patients with Cheer Team visits
- Help patients record their life stories through the Lifetime Legacies program
- Throw a birthday, anniversary or anytime party for patients as a Party Pal
- Help at one of Suncoast Hospice's Resale Shoppes
- Share your organizational and computer skills in one of our administrative offices
- Bake cookies for patients; make blankets or crafts for patient visits
5771 Roosevelt Blvd
Clearwater, FL, US 33760
2675 Tampa Road
Palm Harbor, FL, US 34684
3050 1st Ave South
Saint Petersburg, FL, US 33712
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings Late nights
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
Extra details:Training provided