SERniña provides Empowerment & Self-Esteem Workshops to young girls of Guatemala coming from severely disadvantaged homes. We are a completely customized branch of the REALgirl Empowerment Program created by Anea Bogue.
Through our workshops, participants are guided to develop the tools they need to successfully navigate the challenges every girl and woman faces today. These skills are especially crucial for Guatemalan girls, many of which live in poverty and face numerous obstacles to their healthy development and success. Through our program, each participant will gain the tools and confidence she needs to live up to her full potential.
SERniña is currently recruiting to find a motivated, creative and energetic Communications Volunteer. As a small grassroots organization, a little bit goes a long way, and our Communications Volunteer has the opportunity to create powerful change in the lives of the girls we work with.
The ideal candidate not only has skills in this area, but also has a strong passion for creating change through the empowerment of young women!
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:
The Communications Volunteer will have the task of enhancing and growing SERniña's communications strategy. Their key roles will be to grow the reach of SERniña using our social media outlets and online programs, maintain a positive relationship with donors via Newsletters and Blogs, and manage and grow our current communications program.
- Flexible Part-Time Hours
- Research and administer new and innovative fundraising & communication strategies
- Write and send out monthly Newsletter
- Create outreach materials (brochures, posters, ect)
- Update Website with current photos
- Post to our Social Media pages daily
- Write a blog entry (or delegate a writer) once per month
- Create short videos for promotional purposes
Requirements & Skills:
This position can be done on-site in Antigua Guatemala or done remotely.
- English fluency (Spanish is an asset, but not required)
- Completion of Degree or currently studying in related field (Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, International Development)
- Highly developed interpersonal, administrative and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and with the ability to handle multiple deadlines and a variety of tasks at the same time
- Strong graphic, social media, web and design skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced community development organization
- Freedom to develop a program based off of personal ambition and university study
- Opportunity to learn about Guatemalan culture & Women's Issues
- Opportunity to develop foreign language skills
- Opportunity to work with the support of a Program Director, gaining valuable managerial experience
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
- Antigua Guatemala, Departamento de Sacatepéquez, Guatemala
Start and end dates:No
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome