Global Women's Leadership Network (GWLN) is looking for a Social Media Marketing Specialist (Copy Writer) to post relevant messages and digital content on our social media channels. You will also prepare monthly reports to measure the effectiveness of GWLN's social media marketing efforts. This is a key position that reports to the Marketing Director to help raise awareness of GWLN and increase the number of followers and fans on each of the social media sites. If you enjoy working with social media and reaching a global community that is united to improve world conditions, this is the position for you!
Volunteers must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility.
• Post messages and digital content regarding GWLN program events, activities and special celebrations on multiple social media channels
• Prepare monthly progress reports to measure effectiveness of social media channels
• Stay abreast of GWLN activities and key global events and issues related to women's rights and leadership
• Research and propose new features that can improve user interface and increase traffic
• Participate in bi-monthly GWLN marketing team meetings
• Attend and support GWLN events as needed
• Strong knowledge and active use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Experience with posting, developing and measuring social media insights and analytics
• Good online research skills
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups • Effective communicator and troubleshooter
• Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
• Approximately 10-15 work hours a week
• Flexible hours
• Can work virtually
Compensation This position is a volunteer position.