SERniña provides Empowerment & Self-Esteem Workshops to young girls of Guatemala coming from severely disadvantaged homes. We are a completely customized branch of the REALgirl Empowerment Program created by Anea Bogue.
Through our workshops, participants are guided to develop the tools they need to successfully navigate the challenges every girl and woman faces today. These skills are especially crucial for Guatemalan girls, many of which live in poverty and face numerous obstacles to their healthy development and success. Through our program, each participant will gain the tools and confidence she needs to live up to her full potential.
SERniña is currently recruiting to find a motivated, creative and energetic Fundraising Volunteer. As a small grassroots organization, a little bit goes a long way, and our Fundraising Volunteer has the opportunity to create powerful change in the lives of the girls we work with.
The ideal candidate not only has skills in this area, but also has a strong passion for creating change through the empowerment of young women!
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:
The Fundraising Volunteer will have the task of enhancing and growing SERniña's fundraising strategy. Their key roles will be to grow the reach of SERniña using our social media outlets and online programs, maintain a positive relationship with donors, and manage and grow our current fundraising program. The Fundraising Volunteer will also have the chance to lead two large fundraising projects (on-site and online).
- Flexible Part-Time Hours
- Plan and execute 1 on-site fundraising event/campaign
- Research and administer new and innovative fundraising strategies
- Assist in Grant Writing
- Assist in the creation of a Sponsorship Program
- Contribute to our Communications strategy
Requirements & Skills:
This position can be done on-site in Antigua Guatemala or done remotely.
- English fluency (Spanish is an asset, but not required)
- Completion of Degree or currently studying in related field (Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, International Development)
- Highly developed interpersonal, administrative and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and with the ability to handle multiple deadlines and a variety of tasks at the same time
- Experience working in a fast-paced community development organization
- Freedom to develop a program based off of personal ambition and university study
- Opportunity to learn about Guatemalan culture & Women's Issues
- Opportunity to develop foreign language skills
- Opportunity to work with the support of a Program Director, gaining valuable managerial experience
- Antigua Guatemala, Departamento de Sacatepéquez, Guatemala
Start and end dates:No
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome