To support the Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer engagement processes and program development on a weekly basis. To facilitate in recruiting, retaining, recognizing and stewarding both office and event volunteers. This position includes administrative tasks related to event planning and volunteer recruitment.
Lisa Mitchell, Coordinator~ Volunteer Program and Third-party
- Recruiting volunteers via posting position descriptions on various recruiting resources, emailing and making phone calls
- Entering volunteer data into the volunteer database
- Creating schedules and entering volunteers onto a roster
- Writing thank you cards and creating appreciation certificates
- Posting volunteer opportunities and recognition content on Facebook and Twitter
- Photocopying, filing, mailings
- Brainstorming stewardship and recognition ideas
- Help plan a volunteer appreciation event, procure prizes, seek sponsorship, venue research
Weekly basis for minimum 4 hours for 3-6 months (or more if you are available).
Once a week from Monday to Friday for 4 hours
If you would like to volunteer more frequently, please let us know.
Note: Our office is open from 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Deliverables (if applicable):
- Be an effective and helpful team player by supporting the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Help facilitate in recruiting new volunteers and retaining existing volunteers.
- Help plan volunteer appreciation event possibly in April 2015.
- Keep the volunteer database up-to-date.
- Support and facilitate the Volunteer Coordinator with pre-event preparation for the Walk, Ride, and Gala programs.
- You are accountable to all JDRF staff, donors, and volunteers.
- You must maintain strict privacy and confidentiality of all personal information belonging to donors, volunteers, and staff that you encounter during your volunteer experience.
Please arrive for your volunteer shift on time. If you are feeling unwell or an emergency arises, please call or email Lisa as soon as possible to inform her.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Customer service experience
- Fluent in English
- Education Level: currently enrolled or graduated from post-secondary
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to use Facebook and Twitter
Desired Candidate Traits:
- An interest in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience volunteering in other non-profit organizations' office and/or events
- Administrative or office experience
Training is provided by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Gain professional work experience in a non-profit environment
- Put your skills to great use in meaningful projects
- Support a worthy cause, help find a cure for type 1 diabetes, and make a difference
- Have JDRF as a reference after the candidate has volunteered an adequate amount of time into his/her role
6450 Roberts Street
Burnaby, BC, Canada V5G 4E1
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Training provided