Volunteer opportunity posted by: Project Footsteps
Posted on: December 3, 2012
Project Footsteps is a non-profit with a mission to inspire, empower, and prepare youth and community to be change agents, social leaders, and volunteers.
Program facilitators are those that go out to various locations throughout the Twin Cities and conduct our youth programs with young people of all ages; all with the common goal of getting young people to realize their social leadership capacity and take responsibility for making the changes they want to see in our community.
The amount of hours/week depends on the facilitator's availability and how it lines up with the programs on our calendar. Many programs happen during the after-school hours of 2-5, but there are several programs outside of those times as well.
For each program that a facilitator "signs on" for during the season, there is weekly time spent in the office preparing for each day of the program that can range from 1-2 hours and there is also time spent actually out at the programs with the young people ranging from 1-5 hours depending on the program set-up. Facilitators are only paid for the hours spent out conducting the program and not for the hours spent in the office.
This not a full-time position and is very much for someone who feels strongly about the mission and work we are doing and wants to be a part of creating positive change versus someone who is just looking for a paycheck.
• Willingness to work a set schedule but remain flexible
• Well developed organization skills with a solid orientation to detail.
• A self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Patience, curiosity and flexibility; a sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things
• Formal communication skills for presentations and report writing
More details at www.projectfootsteps.org.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.