Badass is looking for a Volunteer to serve as our Director of Human Resources and work with our core volunteer team to identify, recruit, and retain talent to support our growing grassroots organization.
- Work with team leaders/hiring managers to identify hiring/volunteer needs.
- Develop job descriptions and develop a recruitment and interview plan for each position.
- Post job description on job boards, screen resumes, and conduct initial interviews for hiring managers.
- Maintain a pool of qualified potential volunteers throughout the organization.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruitment.
- Build and maintain a network to quickly source candidates.
- Work with Administration to process volunteer paperwork.
- Keep organization charts and job descriptions up to date.
- Conduct monthly touch base meetings with leadership team.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create succession plans for key staff roles.
- Maintain and keep Operations Manual up to date.
- Focus on retention and development of our key volunteers.
- Conduct Volunteer Onboarding and Orientation.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years in a Human Resources Generalist or Recruiting role.
- Previous not-for-profit experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to work with minimal or little supervision.
- Passion for saving dogs from death row.
- Badass attitude: no drama, no nonsense, respect for others, ability to communicate clearly and effectively, collaborative work ethic.
Obligation to Badass
- We anticipate that the HR Manager will need to provide 7-10 hours per week depending on organizational needs.
- Opportunity to network with supportive volunteer and adoption community staffed with successful professionals across all industries and roles.
- Resume builder.
- As an integral member of our core management team, you will have a key role in helping run a respected and growing grassroots organization.
- You won't ever have to scoop poop!
//An important Note from us:**
We at Badass value collaboration and communication. If at any time you have any problems, issues, or feel you can't fulfill the needs of this position, please let us know! We work best when we know you are doing your best for Badass. We value our volunteers tremendously, and by volunteering for us you are directly helping to save the lives of more dogs.
Areas of focus:
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
304 Caton Ave
Brooklyn, NY, US 11218
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays