Through intelligent collaboration, powerful change can happen.
Our guiding principle is the belief that humanitarian assistance collaboration is thst missing catalyst that's going to bring sustainable change and improve lives for good.
We are looking for a super smart and social person to join us in whats very critical to making change work by making our urgent call for action heard.
Data Collection Coordinator- Wishes Alliance
The Data Collection Coordinator is responsible for gathering valuable essential registration information of NGOs, and capturing on the ground project description and visualization – this includes training and managing various groups of volunteers to help implement relevant strategies to achieve the goal of accurate and quality data gathering.
Wishes Alliance Data Collection Coordinator is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with NGOs and humanitarian stakeholders, local government officials, field sites and Volunteers, and funders; and to work respectfully with colleagues.
The Wishes Alliance Data Collection Coordinator has good writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
Under direct management oversight of the Operations Manager, the responsibilities of the Data Collection Coordinator include:
• Training Volunteers at 3 half-days of training to be heldbefore volunteers are sent out for NGO GPS & Project data collection, and one-on-one assessments of Volunteer candidates. Trainings will be held at Wishes AllianceHeadquarters in Accra and are mandatory
• Make regular travels to visit field sites and give support to Volunteers
• Ensure effective communication with data collection Volunteers about strategy of collection essential NGO data and sometimes sensitive organization information
• Using a mobile device for filling electronic surveys, capturing GPS coordinates and photos/videos of NGO project on field sites
• Conducting one-on-one assessments with of Volunteer candidates' performance, and with Volunteer candidates about NGO data collection progress
Wishes Alliance's mission is to provide the platform needed for collaboration to take place. Working throughout the NGO sector, we open the lines of communication between NGOs, providing a rare and valuable opportunity for real collaborative action.
We work for NGOs to be better by finding strength in working together.
Our value is to show commitment and dedication to hard work and breaking the vicious cycle of poverty, passion to improve lives, timeliness, innovation and excellence in NGO engagement, and being a representative of our own mission: 'together we can achieve more'.
As part of our ongoing passion and mission to initiate collaboration among NGOs in Ghana, we organize and host programs where participating NGOs are provided the opportunity to meet, share best practices, and connect with the objective of building relationships.
1 Awulen Kojo Street
Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana PMB KIA 175
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Full time (30-40 hours/week)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings
Days of week:Weekdays
Extra details:Stipend provided
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome