We Need Your Help
"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results." Andrew Carnegie
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization that works with youth living with the virus HIV/AIDS. We provide programs and activities to boost those entering into our program with mental, Physical and social wellbeing as well social health.
The mission of H.Y.P.E. is to strive to empower, educate, support, and train all youth and young adults (5-30 years old) living with HIV/AIDS to become active leaders, so they will encourage and empower others living with the virus with a positive influence to transform societal stigmas as well increase public awareness of HIV/AIDS especially for children, youth, and young adults.
Our organization was crated from inspiration, love and compassion. The founder and Executive Director of H.Y.P.E. to Empower Inc. who created this organization at the age of 22 now 24, because he was inspired through issues in his own life. As a youth living with HIV/AIDS he knew something had to be done. Seeing the ever increasing number of youth affected by the disease, he made it his life's mission to do his part in working with children, youth, and young adults living with HIV/AIDS.
We are in phase two of developmental, and in need of volunteers who are will and able and willing, to help strengthen the structure of our organization.
The Public Relations team will manage communication and information that flows uniting internal environment of the company with external world. The Public Relations team has close cooperation with the Marketing and Advertising teams, helping them conduct researches and build relationships with target audiences. Online communications, business presentations, meetings, conferences, partnership and negotiating are managed partly or entirely by The Public Relations Department
The workflow and tasks of The Public Relations team should be well-organized to allow effective communications by managing tasks and actions within the team.
We know the work of Public Relations can be a very detailed process and can require a great amount of energy and time. We also know this is not a paid position (but hope to be in the future) and understand the work that is being done. To help with this process each title will be in teams for four.
Team Lead Responsible for leading the public relations department and the content it delivers. Ensures brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant. The basic duties are as follows:
- Planning of overall PR operations
- Overall institutional marketing
- Working alongside with the Executive Director Spokesperson and representative
- Controlling material for publications and promotions
- Controlling periodicals and news
Second Team Lead. Responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives. Concepts and creates promotional content for PR purposes. The main duties of Assistant are as follows:
- Establishing and managing media relations
- Controlling general advertising
- General revising and confirming of news for the target magazine and journal
- Participation in special projects
News Editor. This important employee is responsible for preparation and issuing of releases and news about the organization. The responsibilities of News Editor cover the following items:
- Releases of news
- Miscellaneous periodicals
Advertising & Marketing. Responsible for managing takes decisions about advertisement and necessity of arranging a marketing campaign. His duties are as follows:
- Maintenance and strengthening of the organization image
- Development of marketing campaigns in cooperation with Marketing Department
- Events announcing and advertising
- Placing advertisements in miscellaneous periodicals
Art. This is responsible for creative arrangement of events and decoration. His duties can be as follows:
- Design and decorations of news releases
- Revisions of photography
- Cooperation with art design agencies and studios
- Assistance in web site design and newsletters
- Decorating conferences and exhibitions
Editor. Must have strong writing skills:
- Writing and preparing news releases
- Web publications and newsletters updating/editing
- Making photos and drawing pictures
- Collecting information for annual reports and bulletins
- Participation in conferences and exhibitions
The Public Relations team structure
Organization skills should provide and maintain team collaboration between the PR volunteers allow the Team Lead to assign tasks, set due dates and build prioritized task lists.
- Building samples and templates for press releases or every event - easily edit with Word.
- Exporting task lists to Excel sheets
- Scheduling and prioritizing task lists with capability to add custom fields
- Sharable and printable schedules
- Building step by step action plan for development of trade shows, conferences, interviews, and more
- Arranging the workflow of copyright errs for writing articles, stories, reviews, etc.
- Tracking and monitoring current tasks of the employees
- Attaching PDF, Word, images or any other file to the tasks
- Attaching local or internet links to the tasks
The Public Relations team goals/tasks
The general objective of the team is to provide an organization with excellent image by building good relations with consumers, media and various institutions on the basis of giving timely and relevant information about events and trends related to the organization. The Public Relations Department develops various scenarios and strategies of how to increase the company image, and good public recognition. Basically, the department performs the following tasks:
- Posting news, articles and feature stories in local papers, weeklies, TV news programs
- Gathering opinions about events and trends related to the organization
- Posting articles and stories on H.Y.P.E. to Empower Inc. website and local websites
- Creating community and strengthening relationships with customers
- Communicating and cooperating with local mass media
- Creating and maintaining good company image
- Proven track record
- Preferred: background in public relations of nonprofits and/or corporations
- Must know how to use all social media platforms
- Strong writing and oral skills
- Strong coordination abilities.
Volunteers play a huge role with the production of our organization. Your passion will allow our organization to help many children, youth and young adults in need.
Ever since our organization was established, we have strived to provide help where the need is greatest.
We are especially happy to find new volunteers who share our commitment in helping our cause.
H.Y.P.E. to Empower Inc.
- Please label as Phase 2 PR or Public Relations
1075 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA, US 30309
Duration:3 months or longer