The purpose of the Human Health Project (HHP) is to get health information and peer-to-peer support from the HHP community around the world in response to Health Experiences that are posted.
An HHP member creates a health Experience on HHP's website at www.HumanHealthProject.org. This will keep all the information about this person's health Experience in one place for his/her review, as well as for people who will be sharing information and providing or receiving support.
Generally, information and support will be provided by members of the public who want to help people anonymously who have health conditions and questions.
Our goal is to improve access, self-management, equity, and affordability of health care throughout the world.
HHP is a nonprofit, noncommercial, volunteer-based organization promoting the health of individuals worldwide as a human right for all.
The Online Community Moderator will implement HHP's Online Community Moderation Strategy, monitoring and moderating user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe environment. This role coordinates with the internal Community Management team to support its mission, ensuring a safe and legal community environment, promoting excellent customer service and helping to cultivate a strong community.
- Implement the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Review and moderate all user-generated content and user profiles (either pre-, post- or reactive moderation) within forums, comments, images, videos and audio, liaising with the Legal and Community team where required
- Manage the banned user process, and track and remove previously banned users
- Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date
- Service Community Admin accounts, processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary
- Moderate communities located in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar social media outposts, adapting methodology where appropriate
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring moderation and UGC volume, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of moderation policy
- Regularly feed back insights gained from community moderation into the Community team
- Monitor all industry and company information and news to anticipate potential issues
- Great knowledge of online legal issues and cool under pressure
- Minimum 6 months experience as a moderator in an online community or forum
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
- Knowledge of the organization's industry and targeted demographic's culture, as well as internet culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Availability to work days, evening, nights, as well as weekends as and when required.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
2271 Vandalia Avenue
Los Angeles, CA, US 90032
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)
International volunteer options:International volunteers welcome