Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water™ (STW™) is the one looking for answers.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org.
Are you someone who is expert in building and maintaining media relationships?
Who has knowledge of a comprehensive media engagement strategy, written media communications procedures or wish to learn them ? If yes we will advise you to continue reading !
Save the Water™ is seeking an Marketing Associate: Media Relations whosupports the Marketing Group with developing partnerships with water and pollution cause influencers, public outreach and maintaining a positive company image.
Associates are expected to put in a minimum of 5 hours per week and be responsive to emails within three (3) calendar days.
- Responsible for building and maintaining media relationships that can further the water cause and brand efforts.
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive media engagement strategy, written media communications procedures, conducting outreach efforts to promote STW's content and volunteer scientist and engineers with mass media outlets, and support overall brand positioning and messaging.
- Execute planned external communications initiatives that support Save The Water.
- Work with Project Leader to assemble monthly report of media team's objective and project progress to the Director of Marketing.
- Support the Media Relations Project Leader with media relations campaigns, including but not limited to:
Assist in the development of a media outreach communication plan
Cultivate assigned media contacts to promote our expertise in the field of water contamination and the emerging need for Water Science research
Promotion and positioning of STW Science volunteers as water authority resources to reporters
Monitor and provide consultation on public's awareness of the STW cause
Responding to email correspondence from media staff
- Attend monthly Marketing group meeting.
- Report to Project Leader for the given project team
- Complete the PWR at least on the weekly minimum basis
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
This volunteer opportunity can be performed from a remote location.
P.O. Box 545934
Surfside, FL, US 33154
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:Occasional (weekly or monthly)
Times of day:Mornings Afternoons Evenings Late nights
Days of week:Weekdays Weekends