Norlha is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious, NGO, association based in Lausanne, Switzerland, that supports remote and poor communities in the Himalayas to improve their lives in terms of food security, additional income, sound environment, gender equality. Currently Norlha has projects in Nepal, Bhutan and China. In order to support the development of the Gender team, Norlha is looking for a:
Senior Partnership Officer (F/M)
Gender and Women's Programme
Part-time Volunteer Position
This position offers an excellent opportunity to strengthen experience in fundraising research, public relations and development assistance in collaboration with experts in a dynamic and well-organised NGO.
Mission and activities
- Research new sources of finance for our Women's Programme projects on gender and women's issues and for our Centre on Women in the Himalayas;
- Responsible for production and development of fundraising plans for the Women's Programme projects on gender and women's issues and for our Centre on Women in the Himalayas
- Responsible for the production and updating of presentation documents concerning fundraising and for creating strong fundraising messages that appeal to potential donors;
- Establish personal contacts with potential funding partners and be closely involved in the proposals process;
- Support the coordination of a group of partner organisations on gender issues;
- Improve the current fundraising research tools;
- Enhance Norlha's visibility and promote the association at public events.
- Hold a genuine interest in the Himalayan people and Norlha's values;
- Experience or a qualification in Gender issues, international cooperation & development studies, in the fundraising, marketing, communication field or related.
- Good speaking and writing skills in English and also in French; Demonstrate good editorial, analysis and synthesis skills in either language;
- Highly committed, independent and dependable, good interpersonal skills;
- Experience in fundraising research and PR a plus.
- Engagement in the fields of gender & women's issues; poverty reduction and development of people in need, focus on capacity building;
- Solid experience and strengthening of management and partnership building skills;
- Working with a vibrant network of enthusiastic and motivated team members;
- Free training in several professional and general work disciplines;
- High degree of autonomy, responsibility, and ample room for initiative.
Duration: minimum of 6 months, preferably 12 months or longer
Working time: 50% or more
Location: Norlha office in Lausanne, partial home-based work possible with weekly presence in the office
Expected start date: as soon as possible upon mutual agreement.
This part-time, long-term volunteer position is not paid and an applicant must have a currently valid working permit in Switzerland
- Lausanne, Canton de Vaud, Switzerland 1006
Duration:3 months or longer
Time commitment:A lot (10+ hours/week)